my light wont light up unless i mess with it, how do i fix it?

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

tap

makin it rain since 93'
Feb 22, 2009
Topcity, Kansas
i have a double bulb flourescent light and it wont light up unless i turn the bulbs around until it finally "clicks" in everytime i turn it on. Could the starters be old or something?? i dont know a thing bout lights and i just want it to be able to flick on like normal its a pain to have to fix it everytime.

help!

THANKS

jenazen69

AC Members
Jun 19, 2004
buffalo, NY
msn.com
Well starters are really cheap. Look inside your light set up and find the one that is in there. Sometimes they get loose. Try making sure its in securely. If that does not work take it out and find out which one it is. There are different sizes. Get a new one and replace it. I have had the same problem in the past. This was the solution.

CBWMN

AC Members
Oct 11, 2007
El Paso, TX
In a damp environment (aquarium light) the lamp connections will sometimes glaze over with oxide. Take something abrasive like steel wool or a knife blade and remove the glaze. Also do the socket connections and the starter connections.
This won’t hurt anything as long as you disconnect the power first.

Charles

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store