my maroon clowns won't stop fighting! help!

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

fraser

Registered Member
Oct 21, 2007
:help: :help: :help: :help: :help: :help: :help: :help: :help: :help: :help: :help: :help: :help: :help: my clowns wount stop fightin and i don't no what to do.:help: :help:

jowek7

AC Members
Jul 11, 2007
how long have you had them
they make a plastic thing that flotes that you can seperate your fish with
are they the same size
how big is the tank

clown-lover

AC Members
May 26, 2007
Fargo, ND
How long have you had them?
Did you add them to the tank at the same time?

If they are new to the tank or one is new and this fighting is recent due to the newness one is just asserting their dominance over the other.. Which btw is how their sex will be determined. The more dominant of the two will become the female and larger of the two fish, the submissive will become the male.

Reefscape

I shoot people with a Canon
Staff member
Nov 8, 2006
Staffordshire, UK
seethroughmylens.co.uk
Real Name
Blinky
I agree its just one stamping its dominance on the other, they will work this out between themselves. Even if you seperate them for a while, and re-introduce, its just going to happen again. As long as its not doing damage to the less dominant clown, then, just monitor the progress...

Niko

schigara

AC Members
Jan 2, 2005
Memphis, Tn
www.geocities.com
I have a 1.5 in. maroon clown that was hosting a GBTA and I got a 2 in. maroon 3 days ago. They fought for about 20 minutes. Needless to say the new larger clown evicted the smaller tenant and moved in but the fighting didn't last long. They still occasionally have a tussle but they are getting along much better. I am hoping the new guy will let smaller maroon move back in.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store