my MH reflector

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

Soccer

AC Members
May 14, 2002
Guelph, Ontario
Visit site
Well my MH reflector is not designed properly (at least i think so) Does anyone know what the proper shape should be maybe a pic of one. Also i have heard that flat whit paint works better then sheet aluminum is that true? Also can i make it out of wood then paint it white?

Thanx:)

Soccer

AC Members
May 14, 2002
Guelph, Ontario
Visit site
Thanx a lot GCVT. That helped a lot. Mine is not like tha at all. On the left side it is curved like the pic. But on the right side it is just not curved at all it is vertically down. (If u understand) So any ideas what to make this out of? I think i'm gonna paint it white. Any suggestions soem thing that wont get too hot!!!

Thanx in advance
:) ;)

gcvt

Functional Aquaholic
Mar 15, 2001
SF, CA
www.motorworld.com
Is your current reflector made of aluminum? If so, could you just bend the straight side and make it curved like the other side? Also, if it is aluminum, I wouldn't paint it white. If it is not real shiny, you could polish it up to almost a mirror-like finish. If there's no way to modify your current reflector, you could also go buy some aluminum sheet from Home Depot and make one that looks like the picture above. Hope that helps!

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store