My New Angel Tank

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

ZSandmann

Obey the Corgi!
Jun 25, 2007
Tuscaloosa, AL
Real Name
John
I posted these new pics the other day, but screwed them up so I got Rb to delete that post. I couldn't stand waiting so I have gotten three new Emerald Cories (brochis splendens, so not "really" corys) for the lone one that was in the tank when I got it. He seems much happier now and they are playing with one another already. This weekend I will be moving my Highfin Spotted Pleco from the 20 to the 58. He will be happier there I think.

Sorry for the picture quality, my camera is not the best at taking tank shots.

ZSandmann

Obey the Corgi!
Jun 25, 2007
Tuscaloosa, AL
Real Name
John
Thanks jjb!

This weekend I bought a big piece of driftwood for my pleco that I will be moving over this week, and for something else that I ordered from my LFS... ;)

I also picked up two Rummynose as I have always wanted a shoal of them, he ordered 20 and got 2, so when he gets more I will be incresing the size of their group. I am thinking somewhere in the ballpark of 6 to 8.

The Cories seem very happy and the new three have accepted Fortune as one of their family.

Pics of the driftwood soaking in my cooler tonight, and maybe some of the rummys if they will stay still for my crappy camera.

Star_Rider

AC Moderators
Dec 21, 2005
Spanaway, Wa.
Real Name
Ed
nice start.
add a bit more vertical structure(driftwood and taller plants) the angel will love that.

Digital

IC3D
Nov 18, 2007
Fairfield County, CT
www.ic3d.net
Real Name
Marc Digital

Hooked Newbie

Today will be yesterday tomorrow
May 25, 2007
Georgia
Real Name
Len
Thanks jjb!

This weekend I bought a big piece of driftwood for my pleco that I will be moving over this week, and for something else that I ordered from my LFS... ;)

I also picked up two Rummynose as I have always wanted a shoal of them, he ordered 20 and got 2, so when he gets more I will be incresing the size of their group. I am thinking somewhere in the ballpark of 6 to 8.

The Cories seem very happy and the new three have accepted Fortune as one of their family.

Pics of the driftwood soaking in my cooler tonight, and maybe some of the rummys if they will stay still for my crappy camera.
You should have the room to go a bit higher on the Rummies. I have 8 in one tank and 20 in another, they are 100X more interesting in the larger group.

ZSandmann

Obey the Corgi!
Jun 25, 2007
Tuscaloosa, AL
Real Name
John
Yeah I think the rummys will be the big shoal in the tank. I wanted more Angels (so did my wife) but with Atlas being palm sized already I just don't think it will work out. But I have something up my sleave that I'm not telling anyone till they get here, I think she will like them though.

I am seriously considering trading out the swordtail and white clouds if I can find someone nearby, I wish the LFS took trades. So far the Cherry Barbs are peaceful with everyone in the tank but I am keeping an eye on any aggression issues.

And I'm still looking into cannister filters. So far though water chem is stable at 0 0 6, pH 7, temp 80F

Hooked Newbie

Today will be yesterday tomorrow
May 25, 2007
Georgia
Real Name
Len
Yeah I think the rummys will be the big shoal in the tank. I wanted more Angels (so did my wife) but with Atlas being palm sized already I just don't think it will work out. But I have something up my sleave that I'm not telling anyone till they get here, I think she will like them though.

I am seriously considering trading out the swordtail and white clouds if I can find someone nearby, I wish the LFS took trades. So far the Cherry Barbs are peaceful with everyone in the tank but I am keeping an eye on any aggression issues.

And I'm still looking into cannister filters. So far though water chem is stable at 0 0 6, pH 7, temp 80F
Cmon... spill! :grinyes:

Carla G

AC Members
Nov 17, 2007
NSW Australia
I recently got an Eheim 2215 for a 50 gallon tank and it is brilliant. So quiet I have to strain my ears to tell if it is running.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store