My new beast, pic included

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

ntt

AC Members
Oct 20, 2005
tampa
nice fish wih i could get it but its way to big and im overstocked as it is

ashdavid

In Search Of Better Water Quality
Mar 27, 2005
Japan
daveedka said:
I knew you were looking to build a bigger tank, but I imagine it will take him some time to outgrow an 1850g set-up. would love to see pic updates from time to time.
Dave
No problem Dave, they grow reasonably quick so it should be interesting.

tollhouse

AC Members
Oct 13, 2005
that is gonna be fun to get out of the tank and it will take the biggest net i have ever seen lol :thud: :joke: :bowing: :)

Nov 15, 2004
ashdavid said:
Nice of you to say, but the 1850g will only be for a few years, b/c I am trying to get together that 10,000 plus gallon tank for him. I am pretty sure that size tank should be ok.

You're making hit hard to like you dave :( punk...

nice fish though, adn good luck ion the 10k g+ ....punk :D

ashdavid

Mar 27, 2005
Japan
sublime1184 said:
You're making hit hard to like you dave :( punk...

nice fish though, adn good luck ion the 10k g+ ....punk :D
Thanks Sublime, like I said before great minds think alike.....LMAO :hi:

When are you going to get some more pics of those P's! :bowing:

ashdavid

Mar 27, 2005
Japan
Raskolnikov said:
Awesome aquisition - the more pics that you can take of it, the better. :thm:
I will get some more once I put him in the main tank. :dive2:

I won 2 perch derbys lasting a mounth where I caught 998 & 1019 perch each time from 2 inches to 1 foot in length as population control.The largest ive ever seen was under 2 lbs.& he was rare.They get wormy in late summer so they are not an eating fish around here & when theres too many they eat the bass eggs when spawning.b4 my time they used to have sunfish derbys but no one ever caught as many fish as I did but all fish were caught on hooks,I had some techniques :) I had no idea they got so big ,thankyou for shareing .our perch don't look like your perch @ all ,I wonder if you can get a local perch & put him in with you new 1 to view simmilarities & diferences ,they may even get along. Perch have so many colour patterns it may be neet to point out perch from around the world to visitors of your tank.I'm sure in time yours would eat anything local. Those massive perch pictures look like large mouth bass on sterhoids.

CharlieV

AC Members
Feb 16, 2005
what an awesome fish - Ash if you have pics when you start making your 10,000g i'd like to see them.
I can't imagine how big that tank would be! like a mini-Okinawa! How many Cardinal Tetras could you fit in that! LOL!

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store