My new community tank questions

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

tap

makin it rain since 93'
Feb 22, 2009
Topcity, Kansas
I gotta 35 gallon tank setup and i just started adding fish and whatnot and so far i have 13 neon tetras, 2 powder blue dwarf gouramis, 2 albino tiger barbs, and 2 normal tiger barbs.

i wanna add more but idk if i should!! what do you guys think? i wanna add an albino rainbow shark cus ive always loved em even tho i know they can be agressive, and i also wanna add like 2 cory cats.. not sure if i want albino ones or julli or something im not sure yet.

lemme hear your thoughts and opinions and ill post some picks tomorrow when they are all out and active

erinw621

AC Members
Apr 23, 2009
Cories need to be in groups of 4 or more.. so two wouldn't be a very good idea.

tanker

Josh Holloway--Be mine!!!
Sep 1, 2003
Calif. SF Bay area
Visit site
Real Name
Jessica
Increase the corys to about 6 and forget the shark. You would be at almost max.

Carla G

AC Members
Nov 17, 2007
NSW Australia
Tiger barbs are fairly aggressive and really limit you to what you can add. They also do best in groups of 8 or more. And they come in green as well. So how 'bout adding 4 more tiger barbs so you have a mix of colours. They will school together.

Cories would be alright with them, at least 5, and you're pretty much fully stocked. That would be a very lively tank.

No shark, too aggressive when they get older, though rainbows are not as bad as RTS.

Rbishop

Administrator
Staff member
Dec 30, 2005
Real Name
Mr. Normal
Not sure if I would keep tiger babrbs with DGs.....tiger barbs can be a bit nippy.

How long has the tank been set up..is it fully cycled?

Dec 20, 2006
Michigan
the rainbow shark would bully the cories and possibly other fish and would get pretty big for your tank. keep cories in groups of at least 4, although they do better in groups of 6 or more. you might want to watch your barbs with the gouramis. they could get nippy as they get bigger.

tap

makin it rain since 93'
Feb 22, 2009
Topcity, Kansas
thanks guys i like the barbs so ill probably get a few more of them and then like 5 cories. but yea the tank is fully cycled and the gouramis are doing great with teh barbs they get along perfect, the only thing with the gouramis si the bigger one kinda bullys the smaller one but not a big deal it just happens sometimes.

brittanyd0203

AC Members
Mar 30, 2009
Vienna, WV
My fiance got tiger barbs to put in his tank with a few other fish but we only got 3. We noticed right away that they were aggressive towards the other fish so we did some research on how we could tackle this problem. Turns out, if you just keep them in large groups it tends to limit or eliminate the amount of aggression they show towards other fish. We got a few more and it worked like a charm so I'd get a few more, at least a group of 6.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store