My New Hippo Tang keeps swimming in the corner!!

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

tamz273

AC Members
Jul 13, 2008
my hippo isnt acting normal!!
he seems to have some "lazy" times where he just nudges himself between a rock n teh glass or 2 rocks, and just doesnt move for a few seconds... he's also breathing really really fast... the color around his mouth seems to be bleaching away too...
is this normal for a baby?

tamz273

AC Members
Jul 13, 2008
yeh he seems to be eating... hes looking better today... i think its still part of the settling in...? got a copper spike today, so im dealing with that for now...

tamz273

AC Members
Jul 13, 2008
the copper spike came in after i had accidently put in a copper pipe through my train hose to eliminate the gurgling... only to realize a few hours later, ITS COPPER!! so i pulled it out, put in PVC, and now im suffering the consequences... all shall be well though, no signs of harm yet... Im used the copper reducing salts that SeaChem make, put them in a sock and left them in the sump right after... not sure what the outcome will be, but so far all livestock is great... im just hoping i dont get any copper seeping into the LR..

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store