My New Moon Jellyfish

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

leocom2000

AC Members
Dec 27, 2007
very nice! good job! the temperature in the room must be around 70-72F to keep it cool and stable like that or do you use a chiller as well?

snapshooterr

Algae Beater
Feb 9, 2010
Toronto, ON, Canada
www.aquariumphotography.info
Real Name
Chris
The temperature in the room must be around 70-72F to keep it cool and stable like that or do you use a chiller as well?
Nope, no chiller. I sourced these moon jellies specifically because they are from tropical waters (Hawaii). I have kept moon and crystal jellyfish from the Pacific Northwest and they do require a chiller which is a big expense and headache that I could do without. The room is whatever normal room temperature is. There is a fan blowing across the surface of the water which can drop the temperature a couple degrees below room temp. And, there is a normal aquarium heater in the tank to regulate the temp with it's thermostat. I gradually increased the tanks temp over the first week that the jellies were until they looked like they were comfortable. I started at 68f and is now running at 76.5f.

keifoo

Registered Member
Feb 10, 2013
Looks great. Can you kindly confirm where can i get the jellyfish in Toronto area? I moved to Toronto from Vancouver and my wife is missing the jellyfish so much...And we tired to find Jellyfish here for couple year already, but we found nothing. If it's possible to help us to find Jellyfish which would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you,

Best regards,
Keith

snapshooterr

Algae Beater
Feb 9, 2010
Toronto, ON, Canada
www.aquariumphotography.info
Real Name
Chris
Well, I'm back at it again. My Jellyfish lived out their lives (they only live about a year naturally) and that old tank is drained (actually, I cracked it during a move... oops).

So, on to bigger and better things... A 120-gallon, 4-foot tall, viewable on 3 sides, moon jellyfish aquarium. I have the tank and the conversion to a jellyfish aquarium is in the planning stages. If there's interest, I'll post the progress here.

For those of you who were wondering where to get jellyfish in Canada, feel free to P'M' me & I might be able to help.

fsn77

AC Moderators
Staff member
Feb 22, 2006
SC
Cool, looking forward to your new build. I feel your pain about cracking a tank during a move... That's always a real disappointment.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store