My niece has been referred to St Jude

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

excuzzzeme

Stroke Survivor '05
At 18 months of age, one of my kids was diagnosed with cancer. Being in a remote area, the Doctors called St.Judes for help. The long story short: this child is now 35 with 4 kids of his own! St Judes seems to be the best of the best. Never give up hope and never quit loving.

My prayers are with you, her and the rest of the family.

countrychick

Save a horse, ride a cowboy
Feb 2, 2009
somewhere in the sticks
Your family is in our prayers...

conbrio

AC Members
Nov 5, 2004
Mid TN
Small update. She has an appointment on Friday of this week. Then another waiting game I think.

From my Sis-in-law. Alma's mom -
"When I walked through the doors of St. Jude on my first day working there I knew it was a wonderful place. But at that moment I never imagined that 8 years later I would be one of the families walking through the door with my child being referred as a possible patient. What a blessing to have such a wonderful place right here in Memphis."

Turbosaurus

AC Members
Dec 26, 2008
Yonkers, NY
My heart and prayers go out to your family and I hope they find out its nothing serious.

For everyone who wants to make a difference, contact DKMSamerica.org and register to be a bone marrow donor. Its really easy to register. You can find local drives or they will mail you a kit. Everything you need is in the kit, you fill out some contact information and basic health history, swab the inside of your mouth, seal it in a sterile baggie and send it back in the postage paid envelope. Takes 5 minutes.

If you can't register to donate, consider a cash contribution. It costs them $65 (when I registered, not sure now) to test the samples. You can choose to pay the $65 it costs them to catalog your sample if you can afford it, but its more important they get donors. If you aren't elligible as a donor becasue of your own health or age you can donate cash to cover the costs for people who are willing to donate but may not have the cash handy to pay for their own sample.

I have watched what childhood cancer can do to a family. I watched as a client's family lost their daughter to leukemia. This poor little girl spend the 7 short years of her life almost exclusively in and out of hospitals- and so did the rest of her family. It distroyed everything in its path, every hope, every dream, every plan for the future. It was terrible. Someone out there somewhere could have saved her life by donating something that will grow back. That never happend. They couldn't find a match. That person was out there and they just didn't know it becasue they never checked- they weren't on the list as a donor. There is nothing in the world more valuable than giving life. Please consider getting on the list.

conbrio

AC Members
Nov 5, 2004
Mid TN
Update:

Good news. First results were off.

The Dr said that sometimes the way the blood is drawn can give false readings. So they are not going to do any more followups.

montanafish gal

AC Members
Aug 1, 2009
Montana
wonderful news!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store