My planted aquarium 20G

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

Adler

AC Members
Jan 15, 2020
Your underneath the substrate roots look OK to me. They may get even more robust with root feeding. I just uprooted a "half size" sword & it had more I think...even with some trimming.

Are the little white balls osmocote? Or just a different substrate?
I cannot say for sure if it is oscomote, long story short: I started this tank with anacharis, they withered very fast and in my desperation I went to a LFS and was told that substrate would help with the plant so I poured the bags of the ball thingies hoping it would help my anacharis, needless to say, it did NOT! and now I miss my all-black substrate.

fishorama

AC Members
Jun 28, 2006
SF Bay area, CA
Most swords get too big (by a lot!) in a 20g. You might be ok with a "tropica" sword...or any java ferns or anubias on wood or rocks. You just don't have space for most "regular" swords, even 1 will take up the entire tank & all the substrate with no room for other plants. Please think & research some more

Adler

AC Members
Jan 15, 2020
Most swords get too big (by a lot!) in a 20g. You might be ok with a "tropica" sword...or any java ferns or anubias on wood or rocks. You just don't have space for most "regular" swords, even 1 will take up the entire tank & all the substrate with no room for other plants. Please think & research some more
I want the second one for the new tank

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store