My pleco

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

axelrod12

AC Members
Jan 10, 2011
Connecticut
Real Name
Greg
What a beautiful pleco!

dixienut

AC Members
Jun 15, 2006
Hookstown/Georgetown area pennsylvania

smitty

AC Members
Jul 8, 2004
Yeadon, Pennsylvania USA
Real Name
Jeffrey Smith
Camera Used
Olympus FE-370; Sony HDR-CX580
He is doing very well from the looks of the photo.

myswtsins

Global Moderator
Jun 15, 2008
Central NJ
Real Name
Jen
Camera Used
Canon PowerShot SX260 HS
Wow, he is gorgeous! I bet that big fellow goes through a whole zucchini like it's nothing.

tennesseemom

Shrimp Herder
Nov 16, 2007
Nashville, TN
blueinredstate.tumblr.com
Yes he gets a whole zucchini a night, and sometimes a yellow squash if I can find one big enough. He won't eat anything else. Sometimes in the fall when those weird squashes are out I'll cut one up and put it in the tank and sometimes he will eat it sometimes not. I wish I could add more variety in his diet but he seems fine. I have the back corner of the tank dark just for him, with wood blocking the light from the top and black paper on the sides of the tank. and I have some floating plants and driftwood in that corner. He won't go in a cave but he likes the dark corner.

JamieB

JamieB
Oct 9, 2005
currently in another Orbit
great looking Pleco

Awesome looking Pleco,those are my favorite fish and can I ask what you do to the zucchini before you feed it to him? I've read that some like boil it for short time, i have never tried to give zucchini to my Pleco who's 8 inches and 3 years old.:)

Last edited:
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store