My sort of pond like 120 gallon

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

svtcontour

AC Members
Aug 6, 2004
Visit site
Some assorted shots of critters and the tank itself (120G). Tank is a bit dirty right now. Well not dirty in the sense that water parameters are off but roots and stuff have crud on them. Should shake it off and then vac the gravel. Still everyone seems happy. Tank itself is not brightly light. Its only a single 40w flourescent tube and the light gets filtered by the plants. I used a flash to get the shots.

PS. I think my Kribensis are getting ready to breed. Hope they dont turn mentally aggressive.

LeahK

AC Members
Jul 5, 2007
Iowa
Wow--I remember when I was a kid, my mom had those kinds of vines growing out of mason jars full of water. It would never have occurred to me to let them grow in my tank, but I love the way it looks.

Rbishop

Administrator
Staff member
Dec 30, 2005
Real Name
Mr. Normal
Nice tank!

svtcontour

AC Members
Aug 6, 2004
Visit site
Thanks guys for the great compliments. I can say that I've been doing this type of setup for about 10 years (this tank is now 5 years old and my old 100 gallon had this for about 5 years too) and the fish love it and water quality seems to have improved a lot.

I also dont worry about trying to have live plants under the water which I've never been able to keep due to the fact that I dont have or want to buy super bright lights...plus 99% of the time in nature, the water is never brightly light up for freshwater so the fish seem comfortable.

Lastly, its really fun to see the fish darting through the roots. The congos chase each other and I can tell they like to go through thte roots. Its like they are playing hide and seek or something :)

rsanz

The Peacock Gudgeon Guy
Aug 22, 2006
Maryland
Real Name
Rob
Camera Used
Sony
Wow! Fantastic Congo school!! I love Congos...

Vicious_Fish

Mar 6, 2007
The Land of the Lost
Real Name
Seth
Nice tank! I never thought of doing that with pothos before.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store