My sort of pond like 120 gallon

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

svtcontour

AC Members
Aug 6, 2004
Visit site
I eventually want to get a 72"x36"x30" tank built in the basement and everyone will end up going in there. Right now my tank is too crowded. I have 17 congos, 6 black skirts (donated to me by a friend), one huge pleco, 7 clown loach and a pair of Kribensis. I also have two not so big green terrors but the friend that donated the black skirts wants to take them off my hands.

srikamaraja

AC Members
Nov 30, 2006
Amazing use of emergent vegetation! You may be on to a new type of nutrient export/nitrate/phosphate removal filter!

svtcontour

AC Members
Aug 6, 2004
Visit site
I will try and get you guys closer and better shots. I think any of you thinking about doing this, do it. I've had such improvement in my fish since doing this. Now mind you my plants are years old but even if you get a few small ones, they will slowly but surely grow . If it gets too long, you can cut one in half and put the other end in water and eventually it will root as well. Thats what I did.

One thing I found is that if the lighting is too strong, the plants die. The dont like very bright or strong lighting.

svtcontour

AC Members
Aug 6, 2004
Visit site
My water condition has improved drastically. I also think some of the fish like to nibble on the roots so I'm sure its a good source of food for vegeterian fish.

Amazing use of emergent vegetation! You may be on to a new type of nutrient export/nitrate/phosphate removal filter!

bluekrissyspike

bwa-hahahahaha!!!!!
Mar 24, 2007
I will try and get you guys closer and better shots. I think any of you thinking about doing this, do it. I've had such improvement in my fish since doing this.

please, i'd like to see more of how you have this set up. it looks great and i've been thinking of doing something like this on my 150g

Inka4040

O_o
Mar 31, 2008
Real Name
The Silver Slanket
Lovely tank! I bet those philodendrons look awesome above the water level too!

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store