my stock lists

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

user_name

Senior_Member
May 23, 2010
Mass
Real Name
Cam
Hey guys.. so the tanks are all cycled now, and have their fish in them. Omega helped me with the 55 gallon selection and it looks great, and all is going well.. today i did the 10 gallon with the assistance of my friend at the store... Here is the lists. What do you think?

55 Gallon:

7 ghost catfish
3 albino corydoras Need a bigger school. I would say 5-6
3 gold gouramis
2 moonlight gouramis
2 opaline gouramis I don't like the combination of so many agressive fish, it could lead to a lot of fish related deaths.
2 red-eye swordtails, paired This isn't good with livebearers, but male swordtails will harass a female to death. 3 females is the safest way to go.
5 kuhli loaches Make sure you have a sand bottom, they may end up as pictus food too.
2 pictus catfish
1 male bristlenose pleco Males have the bristles, and they do need real driftwood in the tank to help with digestion

10 Gallon

1 betta male
3 guppies (the ones with the flourescent tails) The betta will more than likely not get along with male guppys (the colorful ones), because they see them as a competetior.
1 aquatic dwarf frog Only AFRICAN DWARF frogs are compatible with fish, african clawed frogs will kill your fish and outgrow that tank. Ask the pet store which species it is before you buy. IME having a pair or trio is better than a solitary one.
3 black mollies Too big for a 10g, plus your pretty stocked already.
my responses are in blue, like how pap did it.

As for the 10g, I would stock it like this:

A)
male betta
2 ADF's (african dwarf frogs)
6 pygmy corys

B)
3 male guppys (or 4-5 endlers)
2 ADF's
6 pygmy corys

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com