My Tanks: The Journal

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

dougall

Mar 29, 2005
:'( don't do swords.

Do chain swords or crypts.

Swords get far too big.

Reactions: dudley

Sprinkle

AC Members
Mar 21, 2020
UK
i got two mollys, one panda i think and one orange with tiny black spots on her head, one kohaku koi swordtail, two platys, one variatus platy and one paradise gouramie male. For the PG male, there was one that was a ferocious eater and was literally hogging tank glass and wanted to get that specific one but employee caught the wrong one :(
BTw, i am aware i will be so overstocked now but i want to get two HOBS to my tank and one heater as well as a thermostat to control the heater.
im not a plonker, i care for my fish and not just plop them in one by one ;)

《it will be a lot of fish to put into my tank at once but i will be controlling ammonia, nitrite and nitrate levels daily》|this is just a reminder to myself to actually do it and not just forget like i tend to lol|

Reactions: Stormyrose786

dougall

Mar 29, 2005
got em already, they are small. i have a technique in my mind to keep them fit enough to my tank. they just look nice.
:'(

Just remember that they have roots too, and if you trim the leaves to make them fit, you won't be reucing the size of the roots.

Reactions: Sprinkle

Sprinkle

AC Members
Mar 21, 2020
UK
:'(

Just remember that they have roots too, and if you trim the leaves to make them fit, you won't be reucing the size of the roots.
i know. i have one more worry and i think you could help me more, i have shrimps (cherry, amano and gabon) i also got paradise gourami (its dark black) you think its gonna eat my shrimps/harass them or he will be like a betta personality lottery?

dougall

Mar 29, 2005
Probably just like a Betta.

But shrimp are one of their natural foods in the wild... Not really a chance I would be taking.

Reactions: Sprinkle

Sprinkle

AC Members
Mar 21, 2020
UK
Probably just like a Betta.

But shrimp are one of their natural foods in the wild... Not really a chance I would be taking.
i guess.. but they will have somewhere to hide anyways. ill see with two different sized shrimps to see if they will be live by tomorrow or not. if not, idk what to do. definitely not giving him away.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store