My XP3 is so quiet!!!

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

ghart999

AC Members
Nov 28, 2006
Hi all. I finally got some filtration up and running last night. Got a Rena XP3 and an XP2 for a 65G tank. I know its overkill, but what the heck. Anyway I got them both up and running with the spray bars just underneath the water. Increible how quite they were compared to the AQ 110 I had in there for a few days before returning it. Wow...... Now I see why people always say they check the canister to see if its still running. Setup was a breeze as well.

I ended up putting in the stars and biomax into the XP3, along with the sponge and white filter pad. In the XP2 I skipped the stars and just went with biomax.

My dad just sold a Ehem 2026. No question the Eheim is of higher built quality. But so what. Its a filter with a propeller, not a swiss watch. As long as it last and pushes water, I am not so concerned with build quality. No question the Rena is decent quality, but the Eheim is like a tank...

Me happy!!!:dance2:

Fish will go in this weekend.

Thanks all for the help on choosing equipment.

FreakIndeed

Yo yo yo!
Oct 7, 2006
Columbus, OH
I really like the XP series as well. I have an XP3 on my 55. It is ultra quiet. In fact, I positioned a bubble wand to release just a few little bubbles in front of the return so when I walk by the tank I can easily tell the filter is still running because the bubbles are being pushed away.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store