MyStErY BulBs!

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

Skippy

Grand Poobah of Fun
Aug 22, 2000
Dallas, TX
web.of.slacking.net
I have a 55 gallong acrylic that I recently decided to take down, give a good thorough cleaning to and set back up as a SE Asian tank for some Loaches and Gourami I have.

While rinsing and cleaning the substrate, and you would be amazed how much mulm can accumulate even with plants and some gravel vaccuuming over the provcess of 3 years, I stumbled across.. MYSTERY BULBS.

I had removed all the plants from this tank and moved them with the fish in the tank to my 100 gallon temporarily. These were bulbs completely under the surface Both had some healthy looking roots, but mostly dead looking roots and no leaves. Both were in the neighborhood of 2-3 inches long and about as big around as a quarter.

The only thing I can think is some Wal Mart Apongenton bulbs I had dropped in long ago that had went dormant perhaps. Has anybody else had this?

I moved the bulbs into a well lit grow out tank I have and I'm waiting to see if fresh water and light might bring them back around..

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store