Mystery Fry!

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

NoodleCats

AC Members
Feb 26, 2020
Canada
Real Name
Casscats
Camera Used
My phone (Samsung 22)
But it did not, the plants were trimmings from his own established tank

Apr 2, 2002
New York
Whatever it turns out to be, it came from fish who scatter their eggs. I have had eggs from zebra, choprae and roseus danios all get stuck on plants and moved to another new tank where they hatched out. What made this more amazing is the two new tanks were having ammonia added to them to start or hold a cycle. When I spotted the fry the ammonia additions stopped.

Sprinkle

AC Members
Mar 21, 2020
UK
Whatever it turns out to be, it came from fish who scatter their eggs. I have had eggs from zebra, choprae and roseus danios all get stuck on plants and moved to another new tank where they hatched out. What made this more amazing is the two new tanks were having ammonia added to them to start or hold a cycle. When I spotted the fry the ammonia additions stopped.
Yes but N has mentioned the fact that their friend has no such fish? But very possible from egg scattering fish and the egg has hitchiked a ride.

NoodleCats

AC Members
Feb 26, 2020
Canada
Real Name
Casscats
Camera Used
My phone (Samsung 22)
I never said my friend didn't have no such fish.
He has egg scatterers, and there's a few possibilities from his fish, but it is too soon to say 100% which it is out of his fish, so I am leaving it a surprise once we know which one it ends up being lol

NoodleCats

AC Members
Feb 26, 2020
Canada
Real Name
Casscats
Camera Used
My phone (Samsung 22)
I said before I had some ideas but was keeping it a surprise

FJB

AC Members
Jun 7, 2019
I received my first rainbows as stow away eggs in plants - Melanotaenia splendida. Four little fish appeared in an empty tank with no fishes, and which received plants from a friend who kept rainbows.

Wyomingite

Fish Wrangler
Oct 16, 2008
Wonderful Windy Wyoming
Real Name
Ivan
I've had zebra, leopard and pearl danios; espei, red-tailed, fire and scissortail rasboras; and white cloud mountain minnows all show up in other tanks simply because I transferred java moss from one tank to another. One time was a double surprise, because I had zebra danios and scissortail rasboras in the same bunch. There might have been another species or two in there for all I know, because numerous times I've had fry that I've noticed but didn't survive the transfer. I've never had total mystery fry that showed up in a batch of plants from a friend or a store, though.

Honestly, that guy looks like a danio to me, but obviously I'm wrong, so now I'm stumped. :)

WYite

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store