Name that one fish that you totally regret getting...

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

GuppyGirl1230

Snails, Guppies and Corys, OH MY!!!
Jul 14, 2010
Westminster, Colorado
Real Name
Maribeth
I regret my mollies and my common pleco- reasons are obvious!!!! LOL

ScottoMacD

Charlie and Amanda's Daddy
Dec 21, 2001
Vaudreuil-Dorion, Quebec, Canada
:topic: What cichlid is that in your avatar?

My biggest fish regret would be my Von Rio tetra that killed everything.
I'm not fishndude, but that is a Severum in his avatar.
Sorry for butting in.

Biggest regret a very nasty Tilapia buttekoferi. Just wasn't the time to have him.
Major havoc caused.

bettatail

AC Members
Mar 29, 2010
SF bay area
American Flag fish, not for a community fish tank, no matter how much it is planted.
prepare to pick up death fish if you have fish smaller or in similar size as flag fish in your tank.

SAE, (langei and atrimiles) bought several as juveniles, growup to full length adults and still dedicate to their faithfull career-cleaning algae.
But they all realized the other side of the glass was not water before they went to heaven.
now I have only 5 junveniles left, hair algae is out of control since they are not big enough to mow down hair algae.

aj2494

R.I.P. Guys
Jul 31, 2008
Buffalo, New York
A rubberlip pleco from petsmart with ich. Wiped out an entire 29 gal, including my prized oblongum pair. Very sad time for me.

waldo12

AC Members
Jul 20, 2010
swordtails. overpopulated my 120 gallon in two months (I only had six at the start -.-)
babies hard to catch as heck when you've got a decorated 5 foot tank.

Big Mike

Large Member
Sep 8, 2009
IL
Real Name
Huge Mike
3 out of the 4 CAE I have. 3 of them are total bullies and had to be moved to my GF's Cichlid tank. I do have one that is very friendly and does not bother any of the fish he is with.

gmh

AC Members
Feb 5, 2007
Santa Barbara area
I rescued 32 Dario Darios from a guy that had to get rid of them and put them in a couple community tanks. It was just too tough trying to keep them fed. Live blackworms were the only thing they all seemed to like, and they were outcompeted for food by the other fish. I target fed them but even the little neons would swoop in and take food right out of their mouths at times.
One by one they died of bloat or some other ailment. The last one lived maybe 4 months.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store