need help, anemone not doing to good

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

Max

It's me
Jan 26, 2004
Mars
Visit site
It looks to me as if it's bleached . What sort of lights do you have ,"not saying the bleaching is your fault". I would also give it a SMALL whole silver side every four or five days until it starts to colour back up. Then go out to every 7 or 8 days after it recovers. If it's in a tank that's fed on regular basis add a day or two. Anyway keep us posted !
best of luck
Max

Max

It's me
Jan 26, 2004
Mars
Visit site
Oh, and if you could post a pic with out the acintics that would really be helpful.

ooja3k

AC Members
Jul 3, 2007
San Luis Obispo
you want a pic with just the 10000k?

also, i was told by my LFS that feeding it small chunks of scallops was perfect... is this not true???

i only got the anemone like 2 weeks ago and it arrived in that state....

i hope its doing ok... like it is between a rock and the back wall and looking really deflated... its under 156watts of T5

salty420

this fish was coming on to me
Mar 8, 2007
Sugar Grove, IL
scallops are fine as far as i know. i feed mine silversides and mysis - only twice a week or so. i think you can feed a little more often when they are bleached and then back off feedings when they are looking better (colorwise). i'd bet it will be looking better today (inflated). i'm amazed how different mine can look from day to day.

ooja3k

AC Members
Jul 3, 2007
San Luis Obispo
ok well like 2 days ago i squirted some mysis on him... i think i might be feeding him too much, so like he never has a chance to open up and get hungry.... he is sliming all over the back of my tank... there isn't that much water flow there so it just kinda stays near him... it just seems like the least likely spot for an anemone... cmon BTA move out front where there is current and more light and more room!!!

Max

It's me
Jan 26, 2004
Mars
Visit site
Yes, please it would help us tell you if it's bleached or not. The reason I said whole silver sides is that it will get more nutrition from the whole fish body than it will from a chunk of scallop unless you include part of the scallops stomach contents that is. You shouldn't be feeding it a lot in one go either.
hth
max

TheTriggerfish

AC Members
Aug 1, 2009
California
I have had my Haitian anemone for about a month and a half now, and about a week ago it shrunk and hasn't grown back. It actually started about the same time I added my gold-stripe maroon clown. Could it be that, since these anemones aren't usually hosts, the maroon is irritating it. Also since it is a FOWLR could it be bad water parameters?
And sorry BigLittleHoss don't mean to steal your thread.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store