Need help fast

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

viruzjk

AC Members
Aug 21, 2007
im hooking up my rena xp3 canister filter. i went to prime the filter and then plug it in but when the canister fills with water the water starts shooting out the side at the top where the lid gets clamped on i flooded my living room twice. i need help what am i dong worong?

viruzjk

AC Members
Aug 21, 2007
the steps i took was i intalled everything according to book. lifted the quick disconect valve. filled the in line with water screwed the cap back on. shut the diconnect valve. then water starts filling canister, about 3/4 of the way full i plug it in about 10 seconds. the book says wait 2 minutes. whether i plug it in or not the water shoots out the sides. what am i dong wrong?????

Max

It's me
Jan 26, 2004
Mars
Visit site
it sounds like you have a bad seal or have a seal seated poorly. I've never used a rena so this is just a guess.

viruzjk

AC Members
Aug 21, 2007
how do i fix?

viruzjk

AC Members
Aug 21, 2007
what do i do?

viruzjk

AC Members
Aug 21, 2007
no it looks tike it was twisted so how

viruzjk

AC Members
Aug 21, 2007
i just bought it from petsolutions.com do i call them and ask for a new 1 or do i call rena. im kinda pissed cause i flooded my carpet twice.

Max

It's me
Jan 26, 2004
Mars
Visit site
Well, you drain the cannister of course then open it and see if the seal is tightly set against the gap in the filter housing. You can take the blunt end of the screw driver and give it a gentel thump if needed. If that doesn't work I'd take it back to the lfs for advise of call the manufacturer. It shouldn't be too complicated since it sounds as if it is you may have a faulty unit. Think of it this way better now than at 3:30 A.M. after your tank has been set up for 8 months.
cheers \
Max

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store