Need help in finishing up stocking 55 gal

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

mooch4056

AC Members
Feb 1, 2008
here's what I have in my 55 gal so far...

2 black mollies
2 red gourmias dwarfs.. (one os very shy and almost always hides except for feeding time)
4 tiger barbs
6 Neon Tetras
2 silver hatchets
2 cory catfish
4 zebra danios
1 mystery snail
3 plants

I am thinking I could fit maybe 10 more fish in here without over stocking ........

So far everything is very peaceful.... no fighting .. all fish seem to be healthy and happy.

Tank has been cycled for about 2 weeks and readings are ammonia = 0 , nitrite= 0 ... and nitrate = 20 as of this morning.

Any suggestions on several more fish to add as the final stock?

Thanx everyone in advance!

Paul

mooch4056

AC Members
Feb 1, 2008
more tiger barbs for sure.

the DG is probably hiding because the other is aggressive towards it...
I was thinking that too about the GB. The thing is I have had them for about a month and I never seen them fight. The one that ISN'T shy took a ride up the gravel vacuum and its rear fin is torn up. That happened about a month ago. But he goes around the tank like nothing bothers him. Is usually in view and social with the other fish...eats and other wise seems healthy. So I am not sure.

Ive been adding about 3 - 4 fish a week since it's been cycled. Seems like the more fish I add the more the shy DG comes out a little more each time. Today I could have sworn they swicthed rolls for a while. I THINK the shy one was blowing bubbles at top of the tank trying to make a bubble nest while the other one was watching. But the shy one gets spooked when a fish swims near it and then would go back into hiding after he made a few bubbles. I dunno ... I am new...

Yeah I think a few more tiger barbs would be cool... I have a friend who is trying to rid of some baby platties. I dunno about taking any.

I would like to add a couple of dalmation mollies. and so far the two black mollies get along fine. I read that too many mollies together are agressive and I don't want to disturb them now as they seem to be fine together now. Both are males. thoughts?

Urnesha

AC Members
Feb 7, 2008
I would like to add a couple of dalmation mollies. and so far the two black mollies get along fine. I read that too many mollies together are aggressive and I don't want to disturb them now as they seem to be fine together now. Both are males. thoughts?
In my 20G tank I currently have 7 mollies (one male) and they are not aggressive to each other at all. The male is quite a happy little bigger (three of the females gave birth over the past 2 weeks).

dreadboy113

AC Members
Jul 29, 2007
Ipswich. UK
I would up the silver hatchets to at least 5. Or maybe up to 4 then add 4 marbled hatchets as they look great when mixed together in a school.

ESOXLUCIOUSS

AC Members
Nov 19, 2005
Dublin Ireland
In my own humble opinion i would get some more bottom dwellers.
At least a few more cories, a plec, maybe a gibboceps or a featherfin synodontis or a pair.
Cories are great characters as are most active cats.
Regards,
Denis..
p.s tank looks great

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store