need help.. NOW

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

Kodiak

Lovin it
Aug 13, 2007
Columbus, OH
I have two maroon clowns. I can not take them back so dont ask. I dont have another tank to separate them so dont tell me to.

alright. They werent getting along, back and forth with fighting after a few days. one day they would get along then the next the one would try to KO the other.

Well. I caught the submissive one which probably scared the shiit out of him. I netted him (I had no other choice really) I put him in a clear tubaware container that I cut holes on and put on the side of the glass.

Its not very big. How long can I keep him in there? I put some xenia in there... I want the dominate one to attack the plastic in stead of the other clowns head.

archer772

AC Members
Apr 20, 2006
Caro Michigan
Well you may not have any choice but to leave him in there untill you can upgrade tank size or find someone to take him, I know thats not what you want to here but as said before Maroons are mean and aggresive. I might try to get a divider for your tank.

Kodiak

Lovin it
Aug 13, 2007
Columbus, OH
Well you may not have any choice but to leave him in there untill you can upgrade tank size or find someone to take him, I know thats not what you want to here but as said before Maroons are mean and aggresive. I might try to get a divider for your tank.
will he be ok in that small container?

Kodiak

Lovin it
Aug 13, 2007
Columbus, OH
Maybe I misunderstood but I thought he had holes cut in the container to get some flow thru it but you shouldnt have the top on it either

Its right next to a power head so the water is being replenished. It has holes in the top, bottom and sides. A LOT of holes.

I have it attached to the glass.

If i take off the top that mofo will jump out.

Mako

EET MOR KATFISH
Nov 19, 2001
Wake Forest, NC
Visit site
You do not want to leave him in there for long. I highly recommend you donate him to a fellow reefkeeper who is critter-poor (help a man who's down), or trade him or something.

Craigslist is your friend. REQUIRE THAT THEY HAVE AN ESTABLISHED SW AQUARIUM if you give him away or trade for something other than a sw critter.

hultman

Curmudgeon at large
Sep 19, 2004
Minnesota
Personally, I'd put the aggresive one in the tub and leave him there for a while. As long as there is circulation, it shouldn't hurt him and might calm him down a bit. Let the calm one have the tank to itself for a while to establish territory.

Once the calm one is established, perhaps set up a barrier in one corner of the tank for the hard case.

How long have they been in the tank together? How big is the tank?

Remember, some fish take time to adjust and maroons can be cranky. It isn't advisable to keep two together, but that doesn't mean it's impossible.

mandy21

THE REEFER GODDESS
May 16, 2006
Ohio
So, what kind of a solution are you looking for? Wanting to keep him in the container for a long time? I guess I don't get what you're looking for since the reasonable solutions were shot down. I'm sure another LFS would take him with your LFS not willing to.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store