need help.. NOW

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

mcsassy

professional fool
Jan 28, 2008
Since we are on the subject, my female clown died from my pair. They were/are still juveniles and I'm wondering how to pair another one with the male. The only way I could tell which was which was the thickness of their stripes and then later found out I was right from behavior when I got an anemone...the female got pretty aggressive towards her man and he'd been submissive to her ever since. She was the last to go recently of 7 fish that passed from a parasite plague due to a move to a new house.

hultman

Curmudgeon at large
Sep 19, 2004
Minnesota
I have two maroon clowns. I can not take them back so dont ask. I dont have another tank to separate them so dont tell me to.
I think Kodiak set the parameters in his first post and is looking for "constructive" suggestions within those restrictions. So perhaps we should just follow his guidelines.

I still think the tupperware jail is a good idea, but I still think that the bully should be the one in the box. Other than the possibility for letting the submissive one set up a territory, another reason for this is stress. I think the one in the tub will be more stressed and if you do lose one of the fish, you are more likely to lose this one. And I'd rather lose the aggresive one and keep the calmer one.

I still believe that there is a good chance to settle this. Good luck!

Kodiak

Lovin it
Aug 13, 2007
Columbus, OH
I think Kodiak set the parameters in his first post and is looking for "constructive" suggestions within those restrictions. So perhaps we should just follow his guidelines.

I still think the tupperware jail is a good idea, but I still think that the bully should be the one in the box. Other than the possibility for letting the submissive one set up a territory, another reason for this is stress. I think the one in the tub will be more stressed and if you do lose one of the fish, you are more likely to lose this one. And I'd rather lose the aggresive one and keep the calmer one.

I still believe that there is a good chance to settle this. Good luck!

Thanks.

Do you think I should just switch them right away or how should i go about this move. I believe I will try it.

archer772

AC Members
Apr 20, 2006
Caro Michigan
Sorry Kodiak I posted that so hultman new where I was coming from, can you get a divider like I suggested earlier for your tank and put it in if so that would make sure they are both ok until the upgrade.

Kodiak

Lovin it
Aug 13, 2007
Columbus, OH
Sorry Kodiak I posted that so hultman new where I was coming from, can you get a divider like I suggested earlier for your tank and put it in if so that would make sure they are both ok until the upgrade.

uhh.

It has 40 pounds of LR and a lot of corals, check that pic.

How would i put a divider in that? never made/used one

Catpicklesdog

Hindsight is a wonderful thing!
Feb 25, 2007
Telford, UK
Real Name
Alison
Working on the basis that you're definately planning on getting a 90 within 2 months or less, then, if I were in your position I'd try rescaping the rocks (or put some in a rubbermaid with a heater and powerhead to keep live) and try and divide the tank with some eggcrate.

Whilst the "prison" is a good idea, I personally, wouldn't like to keep a fish in there longer than necessary (2 months being too long IMO) unless you can get a bigger container. I also agree that the aggressive one should be the one locked up - sooner rather than later:)

Kodiak

Lovin it
Aug 13, 2007
Columbus, OH
Alright, I plan to try to catch the aggressive one. (I have been waiting for the right moment) Its hard in the small tank, not a lot of room at all.

BadRoma1

AC Members
Nov 29, 2005
mcsassy, you are not ready to get new fish yet. the desease is still in your tank, consuming your fish. don't worry, you'll have no problems with introducing a new clown, just make sure it's much smaller than the one you have. however, it's unknown if your second clown even will survive. you have to wait for good couple of months after deaths stop before adding anything new and qt all new fish so it doesn't bring another illness in

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store