Need help with freshwater fish!

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

TylerOSU

AC Members
May 2, 2011
Ahh ok thts what I was wondering. I was gonna make a big sand section for the eel and a big rock section for the knife.

swinneyw

AC Members
Feb 1, 2008
just starting out you should get just a few cheaper the better if you start out with the more expensive fish they will probably die the cheaper fish are easier to keep i'm sure you will get some similar advice don't get in a too big of a hurry

TylerOSU

AC Members
May 2, 2011
Sure! I got the tank up and running yesterday. Have it cycling today, tomorrow im gonna go and get my gravel and plants and stuff like that for the tank. I was told there are certain kinds of fish I should think about putting in my tank to help it cycle faster. Is that true? If so what kind? And I understand some fish are hard to take care of, but I love my animals and I will do my research about each individual fish. Taking care is not going to be an issue.

colleen0309

AC Members
Jul 21, 2010
Freedom, NY
Alot of people will stear you towards a fishless cycle, but I have always used zebra danios and I haven't lost one yet! Oh, and the black ghost knife is a beautiful fish!

Fractalis

Heavy Weapons Guy
Mar 3, 2011
true but ive had zebras b4 and they can be little buttholes if you dont get enough for a group (the one that was last to die pestered my dwarf puffer to death)

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store