need some help?....please..!!!

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

melissadotson

AC Members
Mar 30, 2009
parkersburg wv
i posted a message on here last night about my acura butterfly having ich.well this morning i got up and found that my bi-color blenny has it to so i put him in the hospital tank with the BF. i treated them both with ich cure ( the cheap ich med.) when i came home from work later i found that by BF fish's color isn't right..he looks bad, but acting normal..could it be that he has been burned by the medicain? if so how do i make him better? i did do about a 40 % water change just now..and i plan on not medicating for a couple of days..will this help?..i was wondering what else i can do? and if my fish will make it? the ich isn't to bad just a few spots on his face..so i think not medicating for 2 days won't hurt..right?

Jody

AC Members
Jul 28, 2010
Newfoundland, Canada
Hi

well i would never use meds if i can get away with it , i had some ich problems with the blue tang once and the guy at my LFS sold me a skunk cleaner shrimp and never had any ich after . The shrimp is great fun to watch and everytime i put my hands in the water up shoots Mr. Shrimp and is all over my fingers :) . All my fish seems to enjoy him , they swim over to his overhang and get a quick cleaning

Good luck

Jody

AC Members
Jul 28, 2010
Newfoundland, Canada
Sorry to hear , poor little guy :(

Maybe if your not to attached to the coral banded shrimp you could trade him in for a skunk shrimp

Well deaths do happen replace and forget :)

Good Luck

Last edited:

jayrob

AC Members
Jan 28, 2010
newcastle nsw
i would wait for a good 4-6 wks before putting anything in the tank again. give the tank time to be clear of the disease before subjecting more fish and your pocket to failure. not saying that they will get it but it will give you peace of mind if you wait. Quarintine your fish too, i put mine in for 4 wks , if no signs of problems then i add to display,if unsure it stays there. if you buy fish with known reputations for disease and parasites (tangs, firefish) then give extra consideration ( i won't buy these for these reasons). good luck, it sucks losing fish

Amphiprion

Contain the Excitement...
Feb 14, 2007
Mobile, Alabama
Real Name
Andrew
Actually, cleaner wrasses and shrimp do not eat the actual parasite, just the encysted tissue surrounding it. It makes the fish feel a bit better, but doesn't do anything as far as effecting any sort of cure (or even putting a dent in an infestation).

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store