need something yellow

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

kpatrick

AC Members
Dec 8, 2002
Visit site
I saw the post for need something red and saw it had several replys so I thought I would give it a try with something yellow:
I need a yellow fish to add to the tank but here is what I have so far:

125 FOWLER
-flame angel
-purple tang
-3 Percula clowns
- fuzzy dwarf lion
-niger trigger
-snails and hermit crabs
-feather dusters

as you can see i have purple, blue, red, orange but no yellow. A yellow tang is out of the question because the purple would kick its @$% !! any ideas on something yellow and fairly hardy???
also, I plan on addins some cleaner shrimp to the tank as well so keep that in mind ( i will get them big enough so the trigger and lion dont eat them for lunch :)

votek

AC Members
Feb 20, 2003
New York
Visit site
You might wana try...

Brazillian Flame Back Angel
Rock beauty Angel
Regal Angel
Lemonpeel Angel
Foxface

Or maybe something like a Lemon Butterfly

Theres a world of choices and plenty of info on any fish you will want to considder. Just google your fish choice and you'll find something ;)

Corax

Temporarily risen from the dead..
Nov 14, 2001
He already has an Angel, so those are out.

However, the Foxface is a great choice. I've had one for about 6 months and while being useless for his intended purpose (to eat my bryopsis), he has been an active and beautiful addition to the tank. Great colors, interesting behavior... He was a bit aggressive the first few days but then most are.. Great fish.

EDIT: Oh and size doesn't matter on those shrimp. The trigger will tear them to shreds and the Lion will manage to swallow em whole regardless of how big they are.

MonoSebaelover

Anableps
Apr 20, 2001
Phoenix, AZ
www.shiredalefarm.com
What about a Halichoeres chrysus wrasse (commonly called Canary Wrasse or Yellow Coris). They max at 5 inches and are bright yellow. They can even be kept in schools but if I were you I would do only one. You could also look into Butterflies cause most all of those are yellow. Auriga Butterflies are very attractive and very hardy. Hope this helps and good luck deciding.

mogurnda

vaguely present
Apr 29, 2003
DC
Visit site
some yellow

What about a heniochus? Never had them, but they are apparently hardy and well-behaved, and add some black/yellow.

Boogiechillin

It's ok, I confuse my students too.
Oct 26, 2000
Akron, OH, USA
www.trocadero.com
Tough call. You've got a decent fishload in that tank already, especially once the tang and trigger put on some size. Plus, your dwarf lion is going to eventually get to the point that it can eat anything in the 3" ballpark. (Bigger still for skinny fish, like the wrasse suggested above).

Mandairn

AC Members
Feb 24, 2003
mn
Visit site
butter fly or a rabbit fish, most of all the other choice i can think of are too small (loinfish) or your tang will not like the visitor to stick around.

Unless you want to have a expence snack for your fish dont put a cleaner shimp in there. I no, i put a small flame hawk fish in with med size cleaner and the flame waited untill it molted to eat it.

gOoD LuCK

Last edited:

kpatrick

AC Members
Dec 8, 2002
Visit site
thx for the advice. as far as the cleaner shrimp idea goes, I can take the trigger back to the LFS and trade in for my yellow fish but neither the trigger nor the dwarf lion ever picked on my sally light foot or my coral banded shrimp when they were in the tank. I just took the sally light foot and coral banded out and traded them in so I could get some cleaners. If the trigger and niger never picked on those goes, do you think they would eat the cleaner shrimp even if I got some pretty big shrimp??

MonoSebaelover

Anableps
Apr 20, 2001
Phoenix, AZ
www.shiredalefarm.com
Yes, they still will. Nigers get to at least 17 inches long and dwarf lions generally get 6-7 inches. Now the shrimp wil max at about 3 I believe. Doesn't sound like very good odds for the shrimp. The crabs would have become meals overtime but the lion and trigger are probably too small right now. Never trust a trigger with inverts. It is a pretty good rule that triggers know well. They can be compatible with inverts for months and all of a sudden over night they destroy them. So I would stick far away from shrimp, since you have two natural predators of them that are already established in their tank.

Triggerman

AC Members
Jun 2, 2003
Visit site
Seperate the lion and the trigger from that pack,dude.
Then add a Royal Gramma.
Very cool and beautiful fish.I just added one to my 1oo.
My second choice ,which wouldn't work for you,too much traffic.
A yellowheaded jawfish.I also added one to my 1oo recently.
Blue highlights is a bonus.
Another very,very cool fish.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store