Need stocking, feeding and boot knockin' help with20gL brackish.

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

Apri

AC Members
Sep 17, 2011
I want the stocking list to be either
5x Bumblebee gobys, 1x Knight goby
or
5x Bumblebee gobys, 1x Figure 8 puffer

I understand that BBGs are territorial (Ive kept them in the past, though I can think of several mistakes I made that time around.) and knight gobys are shy. Caves, hiding spots, yup.

Figure 8s are also territorial but people online seem to have success with them and BBGs together. what would be a more promising stocking list, BBGs + Figure 8 or BBG + Knight? aka, no one kills anyone else; house rules.

• Next problem; BBGs, Figure 8s and Kkkniigits all prefer live food from what I hear. So, I plan on also setting up a small live bearer tank so the cool brackish dudes can eat the babies. (Fish on fish murder is ok as long as babies are involved?)
So, whos faster at pushing out yummy little babies, mollies or guppies? Is a 5 or 10g super molly/guppy breeder 3000 (thats what i'm going to call my breeding tank) enough to feed 5x BBGs? what if I shove some cherry shrimp and java moss in there too? Can the two species even breed in the same tank?!

Khemul

Sea Bunny
Oct 14, 2010
South Florida
Bloodworms/mysis and you are done. You won't produce enough live food with a 10g. You could do guppies or dwarf livebearers as a snack but for everyday food frozen should do.

If you do the puffer the space will be better served as a snail farm.

mudskipper10

Sharkie
Jan 24, 2011
Figs are more active and they dont swim on the bottom as much as the bbgs so i would do that and you dont need live food just like khemul said

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store