New 125 Gal tank being set-up

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

USCavalry19d

AC Members
Oct 27, 2005
Lexington, ky
Water added with sand ond rock

Here is the next step i take after moving the aquarium into place. I simply added a small layer of sand about 1/2 inch deep and then place the rock making sure they are on the glass and not sitting in the sand alone. After i placed all the dead rock i poured another 40 lbs of sand in the tank. Filled the tank with water turned the powerheads on and began to dump salt in to get to the proper salinity. Next step will be starting the 1/4 HP chiller up and getting more circulation in the tank.

The date the Dead rock was placed in with the tank and water is 6 May 2007

P1010164.JPG P1010165.JPG P1010166.JPG P1010167.JPG

5xevy

Member #62,749
Jan 3, 2007
Upstate, NY
Nice! I like the separated rock like that. I have those same lights on my FOWLR. Was wondering how much your temp is increasing? Coincidentally I'm getting the same chiller, but for my MHs on my reef tank. I'm really hooked on the Arctica- how's it working for you? Didn't need a chiller for these lights though.

Looks really good! I like the suspended lights better than the legs.

Rbishop

Administrator
Staff member
Dec 30, 2005
Real Name
Mr. Normal
Nice!

USCavalry19d

AC Members
Oct 27, 2005
Lexington, ky
Nice! I like the separated rock like that. I have those same lights on my FOWLR. Was wondering how much your temp is increasing? Coincidentally I'm getting the same chiller, but for my MHs on my reef tank. I'm really hooked on the Arctica- how's it working for you? Didn't need a chiller for these lights though.

Looks really good! I like the suspended lights better than the legs.
Honestly man i havnt noticed a temp increase, however the tank has only been filled with water now for like 3 days. For some reason the temp has been staying around 76 so im working on getting it up to 78-79. The Chiller is AMAZINGLY quiet, in fact i dont really even hear the thing running. I was planning on keeping the rock seperated like it is but as i move more and more rock over from the 55 Gal tank im getting closer and closer to the middle so im losing more of a gap in there. But all will look good in the end.

To all the others thanks for the comments. I will keep the pics coming as more gets done.

gunn55

AC Members
Jul 20, 2006
Nice tank, any reason you did not go with the 1/5 hp chiller rated for up to 180 gallons.

LordsSoilder

Armageddon outa here!
Aug 29, 2005
Holland, MI
www.jc4me.org
Your tank is looking nice... I recently did the same thing...

When I put my MH on my tank I expected a big heat increase... however my Heater couldn't keep up with it and my tanks water temp dipped into the low seventies... and I had to add two more heaters just to bring the temp back up... I expected the MH's to do most the heating in the day and the heaters in the night... and I usually keep my house between 65 and 75 so I didn't think it would be a problem... but, I guess they don't heat as much as I heard... the do evaporate the water fast though...

Anyway, nice tank, and good luck with your move!

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store