New 320 Gallon Thread!!!

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

Sploke

resident boozehound
Staff member
Oct 20, 2005
South Windsor, CT
Real Name
Matt
You could do SMS for probably 50-75 bucks.

Easydoesit

AC Members
Mar 17, 2008
Taxachusetts
I think I might end up doing sand.. I'm not positive yet though.
I couldn't get the wood yesterday since my mom is convinced that we would need a truck to get some 8' pieces of 2x4 or 2x6s home.

I'm thinking I'm going to do a cinder block stand for now... getting some advice on MFK about that right now.

There are a lot of mineral deposits inside the tank since it was used for SW before... PITA! I'm wondering if the bottom would crack if I sat inside it to clean it out? I got lightheaded being sideways and upside-down reaching to the bottom of the tank to clean it out for too long lol

Easydoesit

AC Members
Mar 17, 2008
Taxachusetts
okay well i got all the mineral deposits out and im not gonna build a stand for now bc moneys tight bc of some stuff.. i contemplated selling this tank, but decided not to.. so its just gonna be ugly for now, but it will be set up with the fish in it
getting styro later n getting the tank in the basement. im gna block the bottom overflow holes n put the tank on some styro on the floor.. then get 2 pumps to put 1 in each overflow to get the water to the sump...
ill update wen i can but i dont have the internet at my house anymore, so im only able to get on here at a friends house or when im at the library

Star_Rider

AC Moderators
Dec 21, 2005
Spanaway, Wa.
Real Name
Ed
over flows are usually gravity fed..the pumps are in the return side of the sump/s ..tank this size I would consider either a really large sump or 2 sumps.

my 110 has a return pump quiet1 6000 (1500 gph) I have 2" drilled bulkhead with 1 1/2" feed from tank to 1" return lines(id3/4") the fuge(marine) is 30+ gallons.

your tank I would consider 2 pumps with powerheads.. my 110 has to koralia 3's(850 gph) in addition to the main pump.
it is a softie reef tank and I am prob on the med-low side for flow.

btw the wife is entertaining the idea of a large tank to combine my fish ;)

Easydoesit

AC Members
Mar 17, 2008
Taxachusetts
i didnt make a stand with wood, so i blocked off the overflow holes. i have all my pvc connected n ready. im going to have 1 pump in the sump for the returns, and 1 pump in each overflow pumping the water up n out and into the sump. the GPH on the 2 pumps in the overflows will match the GPH of the 1 pump in the sump returning the water inn the tank

Easydoesit

AC Members
Mar 17, 2008
Taxachusetts
n im using my 55 as a sump, i rly have no other option and i think it will be fine.. done spending money on tanks for a long time
ps star- good luck on that big tank

Sploke

resident boozehound
Staff member
Oct 20, 2005
South Windsor, CT
Real Name
Matt
Easy, I would not do it that way. You will never get the two flow rates matched exactly, due to design variations, differences in head pressure, plumbing varations, etc etc. I think by doing it that say you're setting yourself up for a big mess.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store