New 55g - Where to go from here?

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

fishorama

AC Members
Jun 28, 2006
SF Bay area, CA
Yes, you can mix the colors of TBs, they know they're same species, ;). Go with at least 8...& the whimpy ones may get killed...that's how they are...

Well, TBs definitely limit your fish choices. But kuhlis could be part of that mix...as could corydoras, 6-8 of either. Maybe 1 BN pleco?

A "center piece" fish is hard to choose with TBs. They can be obnoxious but maybe a blue, gold or opaline gourami. They're the same species so just try 1...& have a "back up" plan if that doesn't work well...

enrique4jc

AC Members
Oct 17, 2006
Russell Springs, KY
Real Name
Eric
Update: I moved all the original fish back into the 55 and added to the school of TBs as recommended. Unfortunately, they decided to take a more aggressive turn and shredded the angel fish. I moved it out of the tank while it was still alive, but it didn't recover. I decided rather than take the risks with other fish, to move the TBs back into my empty 29. This will allow me to build a better, more diverse, more peaceful community in the 55 (and to my wife's chagrin keep the 29 and build around the TBs).

Current inhabitants: 1 Bosemani Rainbow, 2 Turquoise Rainbow, 6 Cories, 1 Khuli.
Current plants: 1 small Amazon Sword, 3 Anubias Nana.

Plan on adding more plants, more rainbows, and then filling in with compatible species.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store