New 75 gallon planted

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

dougall

Mar 29, 2005
Lighting needs will go hand in hand with chosen plants... what would you like to grow?

I would likely suggest like a finnex planted+ 24/7 as an LED light for plants, but you really need to know what plants you want to try to grow.. and your budget.

Reactions: FreshyFresh

Zdei

AC Members
Jun 16, 2016
I've been doing a lot of research I'm torn between the fugeray planted plus and the 24/7 I would like to get some red contrast plants. I'm not sure if the fugeray would be too much for the plants I'm growing. And I'm not sure if the 24/7 will give me some nice reds any input would be helpful

Zdei

AC Members
Jun 16, 2016
Also I've added in some crypts and Pygmy chain swords! They seem to be doing ok even in the gravel with the stock lights image.jpeg

dougall

Mar 29, 2005
I've been doing a lot of research I'm torn between the fugeray planted plus and the 24/7 I would like to get some red contrast plants. I'm not sure if the fugeray would be too much for the plants I'm growing. And I'm not sure if the 24/7 will give me some nice reds any input would be helpful
Of the 2 I would go with the 24/7, I don't think it's too much light though.

Plant growth should be governed by the output of the light in total, colors should be governed by the spectrum.

The 24/7 is variable, so should better suit your needs from that perspective too.

If you want more light/PAR and are stuck on Finnex, check the Ray2 too.

Zdei

AC Members
Jun 16, 2016
I ended up going with the 24/7 planted plus. It's a really nice light that spreads evenly. So far so good now just need a new substrate

Reactions: FreshyFresh

FreshyFresh

Global Moderator
Staff member
Jan 11, 2013
West Falls NY
Real Name
Joel
I've read of nothing but good things with the Finnex 24/7 and the Current Satellite planted + fixtures. Will they last 3-5yrs. I hope so!

dougall

Mar 29, 2005
the big thing you need to know is the depth of the tank you are lighting.

i have had a current planted+ running on a 10g for a few years, maybe 4 or 5; and it still works without a problem. i would recommend the pro model as the normal is barely low light on a 10g, IMO

Zdei

AC Members
Jun 16, 2016
image.jpeg
Quick update everything's doing great! I have the 48 inch planted plus going no new substrate yet. What do y'all think?

Reactions: irishspy

irishspy

There is a stargate in my aquarium.
View attachment 217898
Quick update everything's doing great! I have the 48 inch planted plus going no new substrate yet. What do y'all think?
Looks very nice. It's a good idea to stick with low-light plants at the lower levels and substrate, since (IIRC) the PAR values will be fairly low down there in a tank that size. Since you're using plain gravel, you might want to get some root tabs for the crypts and swords -- they're heavy root feeders.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store