New Angels

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

Dangerdoll

Global Moderator
Aug 27, 2002
Roselle Park, NJ
aquariacentral.com
Real Name
Cori
occasionally.....you're talking about the fighting, right? so I shouldn't freak out with a spat here and there in the beginning.......this should die off (the fighting)?

maybe I will give it a go
thanks everyone!! :D

Sum-X

La Dee Da Dee Do
Sep 15, 2001
Newark, Ohio
www.designerscrypt.com
Real Name
Aaron
When you first introduce the new angels into the tank, of course, they will hide for maybe a day or two... After that, they'll realize that there are other Angels in the tank... Now if the two original angels are mating... that's the only time I would imagine some fighting... Don't get too worried about it though. ;)

Dobermann

AC Members
Oct 23, 1998
Boston, MA
www.geocities.com
Well

I think that either way their will be some initial squabbling. Especially if your current Angels have been in there alone for a long time. They see the entire tank as their territory. Adding any cichlid but particularly two more Angels will cause them to attempt to assert themselves and let those other fish know that they are the head honchos via chasing, biting, and charging. In a 55 G there should be enough space for the new Angels to stay out of the resident pairs way and as they grow maybe stake out an area of their own.

Whether it be Angels, Festivums, Rams, or a Red Terror there is no way that you can just add two new cichilds to an already established tank and not expect to see some intial chasing and charging. But it should subside.

Sum-X

La Dee Da Dee Do
Sep 15, 2001
Newark, Ohio
www.designerscrypt.com
Real Name
Aaron
Yea I agree, there will be some occasional fighting, but it shouldn't last too long. ;)

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store