"New" Azoo Regulator

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

tackful

AC Members
Mar 15, 2007
Sausalito, CA
That is what it's called, and seems to work just fine. However, this model has only one guage, preset to the proper discharge pressure. Will this guage also tell me when it's time to refill the cylinder? Thanks.

rocker92

Shine On You Crazy Diamond
Sep 29, 2008
Minnesota
gauges are pretty much useless for telling when your tank will go empty, there is liquid CO2 in the bottle, when the pressure in the bottle is lessened, the liquid CO2 will evaporate, keeping the same pressure, the only good way to tell is to lift up the bottle and see how much it weighs, the less it weighs, the less co2 is left.

hope this helps!

dinosue

Feb 16, 2009
Palo Alto, CA
Are you talking about the one with a solenoid from ebay?
I've been using the regulator for three weeks now, and it seems to work just fine. But the gauge seems like a mystery to me. I have no idea what it tells me. It shows 0-200 psi and when the tank is closed it points to 30 psi and when open it points 20 psi, no change If I fully open the tank, so I assume it would be the pressure between solenoid and needle valve(?). I think only way to tell is like rocker said, lift it up to see its weight.

tackful

AC Members
Mar 15, 2007
Sausalito, CA
Yes, the one from Ebay. My understanding is that the guage shows exit pressure at the needle valve. I also get 20-30 psi when the solenoid is open. Have not yet checked the reading in closed position.

peanutbowl

AC Members
Nov 11, 2009
Milton, DE
that must just be the working pressure of the regulator. seems silly to have it on a unit with a factory set working pressure. strange.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store