New Blueberry shrimp tank photo thread

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

GuppyGirl1230

Snails, Guppies and Corys, OH MY!!!
Jul 14, 2010
Westminster, Colorado
Real Name
Maribeth
It's absolutely lovely! Love the entire set-up, very natural-feeling and what a wonderful habitat for the shrimpies!!! Very nice, I admire your style!

Maribeth:thm:

Rbishop

Administrator
Staff member
Dec 30, 2005
Real Name
Mr. Normal
Mel...look to the right of the " Reply With Quote"...another icon for multiple quotes....click that on each post you want to use ....

Inka4040

O_o
Mar 31, 2008
Real Name
The Silver Slanket
Looks gorgeous, Mel! My only suggestion would be to pull some/most of those plants off the mopani. It's got such an awesome texture and shape, I think you could really use that to your advantage as a point of contrast. The plant growth around it looks so lush already, it seems like that wood will be completely overtaken in no time. Denuded, it'll definitely pop as a strong focal point in your tank.

mel_20_20

AC Members
Sep 1, 2008
Deep in the heart of texas
Mel...look to the right of the " Reply With Quote"...another icon for multiple quotes....click that on each post you want to use ....
Thanks, Bob! Geesh...I never even checked out that little icon over there. Thanks for the help.

Looks awesome! I love the driftwood!
Thanks, homedog! :)

looks so good man .. best of luck
Thanks, Esoxluciouss. :)

It's absolutely lovely! Love the entire set-up, very natural-feeling and what a wonderful habitat for the shrimpies!!! Very nice, I admire your style!

Maribeth:thm:
Thanks, Maribeth! :)

That will make a lovely home, looks great. Good luck.
Thanks Roscoe! :)

mel_20_20

AC Members
Sep 1, 2008
Looks gorgeous, Mel! My only suggestion would be to pull some/most of those plants off the mopani. It's got such an awesome texture and shape, I think you could really use that to your advantage as a point of contrast. The plant growth around it looks so lush already, it seems like that wood will be completely overtaken in no time. Denuded, it'll definitely pop as a strong focal point in your tank.
Thanks, Ricky! :) You make a really good point. The wood is really lovely, isn't it. I hadn't thought about how nicely the bare arms of that wood would contrast with the plants, and even moreso as the plants really fill in.

I could attach the Christmas moss to another good sized rock, as I did with the moss in the back left corner, and then I could either put the new moss covered rock in the right corner, or even behind the wood, peeking through the arms of the wood... what do you think?

Inka4040

O_o
Mar 31, 2008
Real Name
The Silver Slanket
If it were my tank, I'd glue or tie the moss down to those river rocks you have in front, and pile it up around the driftwood. If you're considering letting that chain sword/sag thing take over the whole front of the tank, the dark and finely dissected fronds of the moss should mix gorgeously with the light and grassy looking chain sword.

mel_20_20

AC Members
Sep 1, 2008
If it were my tank, I'd glue or tie the moss down to those river rocks you have in front, and pile it up around the driftwood. If you're considering letting that chain sword/sag thing take over the whole front of the tank, the dark and finely dissected fronds of the moss should mix gorgeously with the light and grassy looking chain sword.
I like the way that sounds. I'll try that. :)

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store