New BTA

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

SubRosa

AC Members
Jul 3, 2009
An occasional customer has one that keeps splitting and he gave me this little guy:

IMG_20121114_161457.jpg

greech

AC Moderators
May 13, 2009
Tallahassee, FL
Real Name
Graham
Nice!

Is is a little bleached or is that a sunburst color variant?

SubRosa

AC Members
Jul 3, 2009
Both! They've been dividing rapidly enough and causing enough mischief that the guy I got it from has been relocating them into a fairly well lit refugium. The one I took is slightly bleached, but it was only attached to Caulerpa so it was much easier to get out. It attached and settled in under a nice overhang in my tank within a few minutes of introduction to the tank, so it'll probably be fine.

SubRosa

AC Members
Jul 3, 2009
12 gal cube, about a year old. Inhabitants are a bunch of zoas, a few shrooms, some Acro & Monti frags, and a single Spotcinctus Clown. I lost another one during the storm. Filtration is an XP 3 canister and a Tunze 9002 skimmer.Light is a 150W halide, 14000K bulb. It was hilarious this morning! The nem moved out of its little shelter overnight and took up residence on top of a rock almost dead center in the tank. I couldn't have placed it better if I wanted to. When the halide came on the nem reacted instantly, opening up in what looked like a time lapse. Then at a certain point as the light got warmed up the nem realized something was wrong, reversed the process and crawled under a rock! It looks pretty good under there now, it's even opening up a bit. It was living in a mass of chaeto in a fuge lit by PCs when I got it. It's definitely going to need a while to acclimate to a halide a little over a foot above it!

fermentedhiker

AC Members
Nov 11, 2011
Warren, Maine
Thanks for the info. That's very cool. I had contemplated having a BTA in the reef setup I have planned for next year, but considering all the possible issues I wasn't sure about having one. Keep us posted on how it does.

SubRosa

AC Members
Jul 3, 2009
Tried feeding it a couple of bloodworms yesterday. It had an excellent feeding response and took 3 worms before the cleanup crew was even able to get there.

SubRosa

AC Members
Jul 3, 2009
Fed it the back 1/2" of a silverside, once again an excellent feeding response.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store