New cave too gaudy?

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

Genral72

Giver of worthless imformation.
Oct 15, 2005
Pittsburgh
I think it looks really cool

SnowHeart

AC Members
Aug 27, 2005
Washington, DC
I think it looks fine, too. I might consider adding a black background, however, to help set off the colors. Looks like you may have this as a 360 degree viewable setup, though, so the background may not be possible?

kimberlynns

AC Members
Dec 1, 2005
I like it. But I would move it more kinda katti-corner (I have no idea how to spell that, lol) where it will still cover the intake but not be the centerpiece. :)

Kim

Hannys_Papa

AC Members
Aug 31, 2005
Upstate NY
I think it looks good - and (IMO) might even look better once it "ages" a little because of an algae patina - making the grey/white part blend in with the greener part a bit better. Either way i think it looks great ... only thing i'd try is a black background...

Emg

AC Members
Jan 16, 2005
Northeast Connecticut
emgstanks.blogspot.com
I think it looks really good Beatle....the only thing I would do is to add another plant or two behind the cave...that's tall enough to be seen in back there. Also a short smaller one just in front and to the left of the cave. Walmart sells this little green silk bushy looking plant that would look nice there.

The gravel matches the cave very nicely and the bright green colored plants add to the whole look.

Nice job !!

kimberlynns

AC Members
Dec 1, 2005
beatle said:
I picked up a new cave for my 3 gallon tank for my betta and ghost shrimp to explore. I think it goes well with the colors of the tank (at least to my colorblind eyes) but I'm not sure if it's just too big for my little tank. There was a smaller version of this ornament but it only had one cave. The nice thing about this one is that it mostly obscures the filter intake. What do you think?

Hey, what is that little fish sitting on the gravel? :)

Kim

chevo

AC Members
Dec 5, 2005
portland rx
shrimp! :look: :) :joke: :bowing: :duh:

themadblimper

The one free man.
Dec 10, 2005
Lancaster, PA
Looks really nice. I had something similar when I was a kid... Brings back memories.

beatle

AC Members
Dec 7, 2005
Alexandria, VA
www.mdbbox.com
Wow, I didn't expect so many responses. I think I'm going to keep it. My betta has been "pacing" a lot since I got it. He'll jet from left to right in the front of the tank over and over and over. He seems in good health otherwise.

I do want to get a black background, but I'm waiting to get my 30 gallon set up so I can buy one big sheet of Oceanvisions. :) I put the cave as far back in the tank as I could and I angled it a bit so the front would be as open as possible. I'll look for a tiny plant at Walmart. I didn't think they had any silk plants (I don't have a super Walmart near me).

My girlfriend tells me the gravel has purple pebbles in it. :huh: They're not blue like I thought. :eek:

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store