New Cherry Shrimp farm

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

msjinkzd

AC Members
Feb 11, 2007
PA
msjinkzd.com
Real Name
Rachel O'Leary
They are pretty easy to feed really. Mine get algae wafer, sinking wafer, occasional flake or micro pellet, shrimp and lobster bites.....They are very easy. Just feed sparingly as they don't eat much and its easy to get little critters like planaria in a shrimp tank.

The Zigman

Here fishy fishy fishy!!!
Oct 5, 2007
Near Chicago, Il.
www.uglymuggs.com
Nice shrimps! I don't need a heater myself either. I have one here but only for emergency purposes.
emergency purpose:
Putting a 250 watt stealth in this 10 gal tank, brought the temp up from 68, to 78 in about 40 minutes...

its about 45 degrees outside, and I am waiting for a part, soo I can fix my furnace.. no heat in the house for 2 days now...

One time I put a big heater in a small tank. It was a bad thing that happened. Freshwater fish stew. My experience though.
Not sure why this would happen. it still shuts off at a 78F... Heard of it before though.

Brrrrrr!

The Zigman

Oct 5, 2007
Near Chicago, Il.
www.uglymuggs.com
Updated shots...

I rescaped the plants a little, and here it is today!
1 week later...

No baby shrimp yet though, I think they hatched out in my 125, before I moved them to their own tank...

Shrimpfarm001.JPG Shrimpfarm002.JPG Shrimpfarm003.JPG Shrimpfarm004.JPG Shrimpfarm005.JPG Shrimpfarm006.JPG Shrimpfarm007.JPG Shrimpfarm008.JPG Shrimpfarm009.JPG

The Zigman

Oct 5, 2007
Near Chicago, Il.
www.uglymuggs.com
Babies!! I found Babies!!

So yeah, I guess I'm a papa now!

Papa Shrimp!!

HA!!! :smurf:

I tried to get Pix, but they're like Microscopic... Maybe 1/8 inch nose to tail..

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store