new fish in hiding? how long is normal?

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

AnnetteG

getting back to basics
Sep 24, 2007
oh yeah, and I had come back because I have to laugh at my lil stinker diamond goby. The blenny came out of the hole and went just far enough away that the goby said "I'll show you!" and filled it back in with sand! What a funny little snotty little thing he is! :lol2:

Ace25

www.centralcoastreefclub. com
Oct 3, 2005
www.centralcoastreefclub.com
ok, didn't realize you had 20k MHs going. Still, most cameras have an "auto white balace" feature that you can point at the tank, get a reading, and it will adjust the white balance for you so your "blue" tank doesn't come out blue in the pictures.

I don't even have a flash on my camera and you have seen my pics posted. It took me a couple years (because I wasn't a shutterbug at first) to figure out my camera, but the day I did find out the right settings to get great looking pictures I can't stop taking them now. I have my camera on a tripod next to my tank at all times now ready for pics. :)

I understand with the angel, it is hard to get a picture of them.. but the great thing about digital cameras is you can just sit there at take 100 pics in a row, sort throw them, and you will end up with a few good ones. That is my secret anyway. Take 50+ pictures of the thing I want a picture of, then get on my computer and see which of the 2 or 3 came out clear and not blurry.

AnnetteG

getting back to basics
Sep 24, 2007
I guess I need to get my camera book out again. I *think* it's still a good camera. 5mp sony cybershot. It's a few years old though, so I'm sure newer ones have more and better settings. I can't get it to take a good macro shot no matter what I try. And it's got the little flower so it's supposed to do it. I dunno. I'll keep trying!

And yes, your pics are awesome! Now stop teasing me with your Rics! :silly: ;)

Ace25

www.centralcoastreefclub. com
Oct 3, 2005
www.centralcoastreefclub.com
LOL.. seriously, my pics looked TERRIBLE, way worse than your did until I just started playing around with my camera and one time a few pics came out awesome. Unfortunately, I was playing with all the settings and couldn't quite remember the exact one I did to get the good pics, so it took me a few more days of playing around until I got the right combination down again.

On my camera, in macro mode, the flower is white until you zoom in a little, then it turns yellow to let you know your within a good macro shot range. If you zoom it to far it becomes white again and the pic comes out blurry. Your camera is capable of taking great pics, as good as mine does. My camera is only a 5mp camera as well. It is a nikon though, little better, but not something most amature photographers would notice.

A tri-pod is a must with macro mode pics as I have found out. Also, at first, use a tripod or steady surface and use the timer mode and step away.. take a dozen pics like that, playing around but make sure not to touch the camera once the timer starts. Once you get those pics coming out really good, try without the timer and be very gentle touching the picture button so you don't shake the camera. Wal-Mart/Best Buy, etc sells cheap tri-pods for like $20-$30 that work great.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store