New gravel

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

Krilorn

AC Members
May 11, 2009
Nebraska
So i went and picked up a 10 gallon off craigslist for 5$ so i could switch out my gravel in the 30gallon. I moved one of the HoB i had on the 30 to the 10, and transfered 10g of water to the new tank. Moved all the fish to the 10 <13fish i know is overstocked>, but with this only being a over-night stay for them with the filter media from the 30 i am assuming that all should be ok till the water clears up on the 30? Just couldnt stand looking at the big white rock i had in there before, so when i seen the tank on CL for 5$ i figured it was time to make the switch. Went and got the tank and stopped by menards on the way home and picked up a 50lb bag of small pea gravel. Washed the $%^$ out of the gravel but 2hrs later its still a cloudy looking in the tank. Anyway i guess if anyone has any idea why everyone shouldnt make it till tomar in the new lil tank plz let me know as this is my first try at re-scapeing and changing gravel. Will try to get some pics up tomar of the rescape, im hoping i lose some of the green tint from the reflection of all the plants off the bright white rock.:thm:

ibanez

AC Members
Jun 9, 2009
missouri
give it some time to clear up, most of the time you will not get all the dust out, you want to get as much out as you can your other filter should help clear it up it should take couple of hours to a day or so, the finer the substrate the harder it is to remove the dust

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store