New here!

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

upyun

Registered Member
Sep 2, 2006
Hi!! My name is Brian and I live in Philadelphia, PA. I'm 23 and just started to get into freshwater aquariums. I used to have fish aquariums when I was much younger, but I never put much effort into it until now :)

I'm currently cycling my tank for an African biotope which I hope turns out nicely! I've medicated the water with stress coat and stress zyme, pH is at 7.0-7.2, Nitrites are at 0, and temp is at 80-81 degrees! All I'm waiting for now is to order my live plants and I should be good to go!

Can't wait!

Brian

Needeles

AC Members
Jun 5, 2006
Wisconsin
Welcome to AC upyun. I hope you the best on your new hobby. It really is a great one to get into. Remember to research before getting anything and you will have some happy fish.

Rbishop

Administrator
Staff member
Dec 30, 2005
Real Name
Mr. Normal
Welcome to AC!

upyun

Registered Member
Sep 2, 2006
rbishop said:
Welcome to AC!
Thanks for the warm welcome guys!!

I just found out about Bio-Spira so I ordered 3oz for my 55 gallon tank which should have the tank cycled even quicker!

I have ordered 3 larger pieces of African Mopani driftwood as well as some smaller pieces of african wood to attach some Anubias and African Water Fern to :)

Here is an empty tank shot!! I think it'll be cool to see an empty tank gradually get nicer and nicer (shown with pics of my progress of course). Also, I'm switching out my Elite 200W heater for a Visi-Therm Stealth submersible heater.!!! And yes, those are 2 Emperor 400s since I was worried about a heavy bioload.

Brian

Last edited:
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store