"New" Metaframe setup

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

Ballyhoo

AC Members
Jun 27, 2010
Fairfield, CA
Great looking tank! I've got 3 metaframes to polish up myself, I hope they end up looking as nice as yours.
When you go to polish them check this stuff out. http://www.mothers.com/02_products/05100-05101.html

It's polish intended for cars, but it's about 10$ a jar and lasts forever.
it is a FANTASTIC polish, we use it to polish stuff for car shows. It polishes steel, aluminium and magnesium ( and I'm sure there are others i'm forgetting )

BettaFishMommy

finkids make me happy :-)
Mar 17, 2008
Deadmonton, lol, Canada
Real Name
Sherry N.
geez..... why do all you people that want vintage metaframe tanks have to live far away from me??? i've been trying to sell my metaframe 20 long for a while now, but no bites locally. dang you americans! (kidding!) lol.

VictorSmalls

AC Members
Feb 5, 2004
Tyrone, PA
Visit site
Such a cool tank. My first tank when I was a kid was a Metaframe, but it surely wasn't as nice as this. This would look so cool in a retro style kitchen :)

Mgamer20o0

BobsTropicalPlants.com
Staff member
Jun 4, 2003
www.bobstropicalplants.com
geez..... why do all you people that want vintage metaframe tanks have to live far away from me??? i've been trying to sell my metaframe 20 long for a while now, but no bites locally. dang you americans! (kidding!) lol.
thats because the ones you guys have froze over during winter.....

Rbishop

Administrator
Staff member
Dec 30, 2005
Real Name
Mr. Normal
Great looking tank! Wish I could find a 4 foot light for my 55 gal Metaframe.

andyjh

AC Members
Feb 18, 2009
Massachusetts
Thanks everyone. I agree that the lights are actually much harder to find than the tanks. (not that the tanks are in abundance). As for stock, I was thinking of keeping it very simple with maybe a half dozen mollies and a few cory cats. Furthermore, I really enjoy sharing the photos of the tank with folks who have some appreciation for it, as a lot of folks including my wife and kids think I'm nuts.

Ramphonic

AC Members
Mar 31, 2009
MA
love the retro tank.. If its stainless a magnet would work, if its aluminum it won't

Ive also been looking around CL in Mass for them

Last edited:
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store