New Panda Cory seems stressed ....

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

FreshyFresh

Global Moderator
Staff member
Jan 11, 2013
West Falls NY
Real Name
Joel
^ Ah.. Sorry to hear that. Not uncommon for new additions IMO. He may have been beyond treatment by the time you go him/her.

FreshyFresh

Global Moderator
Staff member
Jan 11, 2013
West Falls NY
Real Name
Joel
^ Ah.. Sorry to hear that. Not uncommon for new additions IMO. He may have been beyond treatment by the time you go him/her.

fishorama

AC Members
Jun 28, 2006
SF Bay area, CA
I'm not a super big Stress Coat fan. I "think" it may "gunk up" gills & slime coat, etc. I use Prime as my dechlor, although I've never had an issue with fish from an lfs that squirts some Stress Coat into the bag.

I think you need to relax, losing a fish is stressful. Just observe you fish for now, water changes are always good. Do that if you need to "do something" before dumping a bunch of stuff in your tank.

Sometimes we just buy an unhealthy fish, don't panic! The rest may be fine!

I've never treated a tank with inverts I actually wanted to live (shrimp, ramshorn, mystery & nerites snails). Just research a lot before doing anything rash.

While 6 shoaling or schooling fish is a "minimum", there's no need to freak out and add another. Get the tank & fish health stable before anything else! I'd go for at least 2-4 months of tank stability before adding any more animals. You want a long term healthy tank.

Keep us up to date on how your tank is doing in the short & longer term, or if other problems show up. Good luck!

Spesh1969

AC Members
Jan 20, 2018
Texas
Real Name
Jen
Thank you.

I’m definitely not adding anything new for a month or two. I want everyone to get settled in. I will also stick to only water changes for now with just my Prime.

I appreciate the feedback.

fishorama

AC Members
Jun 28, 2006
SF Bay area, CA
You know I'm not trying to be "too bossy" (yeah, maybe I am, hah), but yeah, just see how everything works & let us know it plays out...water changes! & fingers crossed!

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store