New pictures of my 36gal SW tank

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

Subliminal

AC Members
Feb 21, 2007
Princeton, NJ
Question:

How long have you had the sand sifting starfish?

I bought one, then read a little about them. Everything I read said that they will die a terrible starving death in anything smaller than a 100 gallon tank with an established sandbed.

I ended up taking mine out. I didn't want it to die, and i didn't want it to eat all my good sand life.

Anyway...just curious. Beautiful tank!

Rbishop

Administrator
Staff member
Dec 30, 2005
Real Name
Mr. Normal
Great pics!

FeatherDuster

AC Members
Mar 24, 2007
Amazing Tank! I fell in love with all your rock formations. The setup has a very natural feel to it. I bet all your fish are happy little campers.

new2tanks

AC Members
Feb 18, 2006
t.o
What a beautiful sw tank.can you come to my place and set one up for me!
haha.
Great photography too.
The clowns look so cool together.
N.

wataugachicken

The Dancing Banana
Jul 14, 2005
Charlotte, NC
that Watchman Goby is incredible. i have never seen a yellow one quite so bright.

Yash

Trance Addict
Nov 2, 2006
Knoxville, TN
Wow!! I didn't realize so many other people had left comments after I last check this post. Thank you everyone for your kind words!! I really appreciate it.

Question:

How long have you had the sand sifting starfish?

I bought one, then read a little about them. Everything I read said that they will die a terrible starving death in anything smaller than a 100 gallon tank with an established sandbed.

I ended up taking mine out. I didn't want it to die, and i didn't want it to eat all my good sand life.

Anyway...just curious. Beautiful tank!
I've had my starfish for a good 7 months now and its doing really good so far. I heard conflicting opinions about the tank size and after hearing more 'yays' than 'nays' decided to go with one. So far, its really been active and hasn't seemed to run out of food :)

Great pics!
Amazing Tank! I fell in love with all your rock formations. The setup has a very natural feel to it. I bet all your fish are happy little campers.
Thank you very much!! Yes, my fish love it ... the gramma looks absolutely at home darting in and out of the rock! And my goby loves his little cave that he has created under the base rock!

What a beautiful sw tank.can you come to my place and set one up for me!
haha.
Great photography too.
The clowns look so cool together.
N.
LOL!! Its really not that hard, except that you need bucketloads of patience, oh and a really strong back to stand hunched over for hours aquascaping (at least I had to, and ended up with one REALLY sore back!)

Cheers!
Yash

Yash

Trance Addict
Nov 2, 2006
Knoxville, TN
that Watchman Goby is incredible. i have never seen a yellow one quite so bright.
Thanks! Yeah, he has some beautiful coloration! And quite a personality as well!!

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store