New pictures... with clams (PIC HEAVY BABY)

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

Ace25

www.centralcoastreefclub. com
Oct 3, 2005
www.centralcoastreefclub.com
Isn't that the LE Tyree Atlantis Cyphastrea? I really want one of those myself. A local reefer has some and keeps telling me he will frag a piece.. but he is a slacker. The green base ones are so common but the blue ones are rare and much nicer IMO.

DSR

AC Members
Apr 10, 2009
Tulsa, OK
Thank you all very much. Worked on the algae a long time last night and ended up removing the two most infected pieces of liverock (where the algae came from in the first place). Did a water change and really did some long term gardening. Looks a 1000x better this AM. Will stay on top of it. It will be interesting to see what my phosphates are now that the bulk of the algae is gone (anyone wanna place bets) ahahah

The cyphastrea in the first pic was identified to me as a meteor shower. However, it doesn't look like the meteor showers I have seen in the past. So I am not exactly sure. Ace, that is a really big chunk that is starting to finish out encrusting the rest of the rock. Once it does I would be more than happy to frag a piece for you and ship it. They are supposed to be pretty quick growers.

owl

\m/ \m/
Jul 8, 2008
wow ,an stunning tank :) , love the big clam and that "posing coral" is still there too :)) remember ? . lol anyway , good work , and good luck ;)

Almondsaz

AC Members
May 26, 2007
DSR the tank is looking great. You really have a wonderful selection of coral.

DSR

AC Members
Apr 10, 2009
Tulsa, OK
Thanks all. I have gotten pretty lucky in finding cool reefers round here that are pretty generous

Ace25

www.centralcoastreefclub. com
Oct 3, 2005
www.centralcoastreefclub.com
Thanks all. I have gotten pretty lucky in finding cool reefers round here that are pretty generous
Yes.. you really have. :) I really wouldn't have expected you being able to find such a nice selection of high end corals in your neck of the woods, especially for the prices your paying.. but as you found out, it only tanks one passionate "Reefbum" in the area to make the hobby so much more enjoyable for others living close by. To me, that is what the reef hobby is really about.. finding other "locals" to be able to trade/buy corals from. It helps the hobby in general by making friends/spreading corals as well as reduces the impact on the oceans from harvesting corals. Plus, from my experience, corals (and fish for that matter) that come out of a reefers tank vs a LFS are usually much hardier, more colorful, and cheaper than the store.

DSR

AC Members
Apr 10, 2009
Tulsa, OK
New Pics.... the march continues on...

My orangish/pinky rics Sprouted new mouth, think it will split out soon.

Kryptonite Candycane with several new heads.

Blue Max

Derasa

My zoa and paly garden. Hoping to add some more here soon. Right now it just has Tubbs blue, Radioactive Dragon Eyes and Eagle Eyes.

My favorite Acan. This thing is soooo big. Each head, when fully inflated, is about the size silver dollar.

Maxima, Toadstool and pink/red monti digi.

My condi and another candycane. This candy cane has added about 15-20 new heads and there are heads spliting each day it seems.

My Christmas favia. I was afraid I was going to lose this one as it was very flat/pale. However, after several weeks of target feeding it mysis, it has really increased in depth and the color has gotten very bright.

Duncan. You can tell from this picture because the heads are so large, but there are probably 12 heads underneath the larger heads. Unfortunately, this is the only place I can keep this without my clowns messing with it.

DSR

AC Members
Apr 10, 2009
Tulsa, OK
Purple Acan. This one is also growing new heads and is really getting pretty bright in color.

Orange Crush acan with new head growing out of the back of the skeleton. I think it will completely fill in the back here soon. Then i will have to be concerned about predatory behavior as I have heard they can be nasty. But so cool.

Not the greatest picture, but I really like it for some reason

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store