new planted aquarium

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

OrionGirl

No freelancing!
Aug 14, 2001
Poconos
Real Name
Sheila
There are a lot of options. Are you looking for activity, personality, a group? Want something that will breed? Be compatible with inverts? Covered tank?

dougall

Mar 29, 2005
^^^ the being covered is a fairly key question.

Personally, it might be good to let it mature a bit, but ultimately, go with something that will work, but that you will enjoy also.

Personally I'm afan of large groups of small fish. I'd personally look at microrasboras, small tetras, small/pygmy cories, otocinclus, aspidoras, or dwarf shrimp.

If you don't want a large number of fish, maybe 3 or so dwarf/pea puffers, or scarlet badis, assuming that you can get live food for them.

msubhan

AC Members
Feb 6, 2019
Thanks team for your response. I personally look for fishes which can thrive for quite some time and those which are recommended for this size of the tank. It is not Covered tank and am net interested to breed.

Yes . Initially planing to have small in number.

OrionGirl

No freelancing!
Aug 14, 2001
Poconos
Real Name
Sheila
A group of badis ruber would do well. They're not easy to find, and can be finicky eaters. The dwarf puffers would do well, though It needs to be densely planted or they will eliminate each other.

Neocaridina Shrimp would do very well.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store