New Pond in Thailand

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

Panthanit

AC Members
May 4, 2019
First sorry for the double post but this morning I went down to the pond and discovered around 2000 toad eggs.

Are they dangerous for my fish? should I do anything or just let nature be.

the loach

AC Members
Aug 6, 2018
Eggs aren't dangerous, but grown toads or frogs could be... not familiar with the species in Thailand.

Panthanit

AC Members
May 4, 2019
Update on the toad issue, it seems they are asian common toads and I lost 5 fish in my main pond from eating the single eggs which I dislodged while removing them.
I relocated the eggs to my smaller pond with around 30 fantails because I felt bad now of which now only 4 are still alive. Is there any way of stopping them without fencing around my pond?
maybe something like diatomaceous earth which dehydrates insects is there anything that toads avoid ?

simonb6714

AC Members
Jan 30, 2019
Bettas would be a great idea, since they're from there and can survive in low oxygen situatuions if something happens to your pump.

Reactions: angelcraze

angelcraze

AC Members
Mar 21, 2020
Update on the toad issue, it seems they are asian common toads and I lost 5 fish in my main pond from eating the single eggs which I dislodged while removing them.
I relocated the eggs to my smaller pond with around 30 fantails because I felt bad now of which now only 4 are still alive. Is there any way of stopping them without fencing around my pond?
maybe something like diatomaceous earth which dehydrates insects is there anything that toads avoid ?
I like your project :) I wish I could have a pond like that! For the toads, I really have no idea, but a line of cayenne pepper keeps ants and bugs from entering the house. I wouldn't want to get any in the water though. And idk if it will work to deter toads.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store