New Project

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

roscoe70

AC Members
Apr 5, 2009
East Texas
Good engineering on the rollers, did that come during the night or following a couple of brewskis? Really good looking work, anxious to see it set up but I'm sure not at much as you. Thanks for the updates and good luck.

Navyscuba

The Fish Envy
Jul 5, 2009
Bartlett,TN
www.thefishenvy.com
Real Name
Angel Rivera
Lights

Well today with a little time put the ballast, did the wiring and mounted all the light sockets. I decided on using four 32watts day light 4ft. Looks better that what I thought.

fish1 203.JPG

guelphite

AC Members
Feb 1, 2010
Guelph
Well Done! Beauty job. I like the pic posing with the beer hahahaha. Looking forward to seeing this thing in action with water and fish.

xVitox

Daphnia Wrangler
Feb 16, 2010
Downingtown, Pa
wow i just read this entire thread and this is amazing I think me and the GF need to come take a visit down to Jacksonville ^_^. Hope your throat is doing better as well! As another thought, how did you wire up the flourescent lights? I have been wanting to make a diy grow rack and cannot figure out how to do lighting!

Navyscuba

The Fish Envy
Jul 5, 2009
Bartlett,TN
www.thefishenvy.com
Real Name
Angel Rivera
wow i just read this entire thread and this is amazing I think me and the GF need to come take a visit down to Jacksonville ^_^. Hope your throat is doing better as well! As another thought, how did you wire up the flourescent lights? I have been wanting to make a diy grow rack and cannot figure out how to do lighting!
Well you're welcome to check it out. My throat is fine. Once in a while I get the felling like I'm losing my voice but it only goes for a few minutes. I got a ballast from Home Depot for 4 T8 lights 4ft long and the ballast itself has a detail drawing of how to wire it with the exception of the switch. I can make you a drawing to show you how to put it together. Is not hard just tedious. haha. Thanks for the great comments from all.

I'm having a little issue with the DIY overflow but narrowed down to be a faulty air check valve and the drain pipe been way too piled up with water but I got a fix for that.:dance2:

xVitox

Daphnia Wrangler
Feb 16, 2010
Downingtown, Pa
Well you're welcome to check it out. My throat is fine. Once in a while I get the felling like I'm losing my voice but it only goes for a few minutes. I got a ballast from Home Depot for 4 T8 lights 4ft long and the ballast itself has a detail drawing of how to wire it with the exception of the switch. I can make you a drawing to show you how to put it together. Is not hard just tedious. haha. Thanks for the great comments from all.

I'm having a little issue with the DIY overflow but narrowed down to be a faulty air check valve and the drain pipe been way too piled up with water but I got a fix for that.:dance2:
I will take you up on the offer if I am ever in Florida...I could see me making something like this one day if my addiction to fish keeps up:hypnotized:. I would love to see a drawing and I was wondering where you got the sockets for the fluorescent bulbs (or bulb holders or whatever they are called). You can pm me if you dont want this stuff clogging up your thread!

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store