new tank, new questions

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

msjinkzd

AC Members
Feb 11, 2007
PA
msjinkzd.com
Real Name
Rachel O'Leary
Hubby suprised me with a new 36g corner tank today. Now I need to figure out how I am gonna do the old switcheroo. I currently have a 16g bowfront with a hob penguin 100. Have a rena xp2 to put into the new tank. Do I put my old mech. filtration (carbon cartridge) into one of the media boxes? I am hoping to move all my gravel, decorations, plants and fish into the new tank as I only have room for one in my living room. I have 4 neon tetras and 2 cories in there right now. Should I expect a cycle if I move all my stuff and old water into the new tank? I plan on moving my old tank to a different room to use as a quarantine for my new fish I will be getting to fill out my schools. Do I need to do anything to maintain my cycle in the quarantine assuming the great switcheroo goes well? Thanks in advance!

Rbishop

Administrator
Staff member
Dec 30, 2005
Real Name
Mr. Normal
I would move all that i could, substrate and decor wise. I would run the penguin on the new tank along with the Rena. This will help minimze the mini cycle, and when you feel the rena has started to pick up some of the load after about two weeks, move the penguin to the old tank the day you pick up new fish for QT.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store