new tank pics

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

Star_Rider

AC Moderators
Dec 21, 2005
Spanaway, Wa.
Real Name
Ed
nice start.
I have not heard of a refugium(fuge) for a fw tank..you may need to consider more filtration..particulalry mechanical.

and probably a much larger fuge if you decide to continue that route.

ryry123

AC Members
Mar 2, 2008
What are you using for the substrate? I really like it's look
i go it from house of tropics, a lfs very big lfs. i love it. forgot the name just a normal substrate for aquarium. i liked the natural look. but my friend told that 1 lb per gallon was minimum to do good but i did 125 pounds and its about 2 inches. i think its plenty

ryry123

AC Members
Mar 2, 2008
nice start.
I have not heard of a refugium(fuge) for a fw tank..you may need to consider more filtration..particulalry mechanical.

and probably a much larger fuge if you decide to continue that route.
yeh i have a 40 gallon sitting around thinking about putting that in. it would add another 20 gallons. but now i got plants in there and it would be a pain so ill wait untill i move to my college house this summer. as for the filtration. i have powerheads that should push that water around in the 180 gallon to overflow. hopefully. time will tell.

ryry123

AC Members
Mar 2, 2008
while im here does anyone have any suggestions on plant if i did some. i only have 2 40 watt 48 inch ( not in picture because i just setup) and no co2 injection and i dont intend to get one. any really easy going plants.

crazycanuck

The quitter never wins
Mar 10, 2008
ontario,canada
a pacu?? there cool fish but i heard a story from a guy at the LFS.. he had one and it was startled by something,well it shot across the 220 gallon tank, and continued right thru the side of the tank.....

tonytheboss1

AC Members
May 16, 2006
N.Y.C.
Real Name
TONY
Beautiful tank!! In a few months that 'cute' pacu will be impossible to get rid of. I got lucky that a neighbor of my brother had a 450g pond in his basement. Pacu was the size of a sm. dinner plate & had to use fishing tackle net to get him in the walmart tub for transport. There was water EVERYWHERE!!!! Don't wait too long. "T"

ryry123

AC Members
Mar 2, 2008
Beautiful tank!! In a few months that 'cute' pacu will be impossible to get rid of. I got lucky that a neighbor of my brother had a 450g pond in his basement. Pacu was the size of a sm. dinner plate & had to use fishing tackle net to get him in the walmart tub for transport. There was water EVERYWHERE!!!! Don't wait too long. "T"
yes, i set it up for the pacu to be picked up tomarrow. i did not know what i was in for. now i have room for some other fish that will not get to be my size. today i just added some java moss to some of the drift wood and planted 3 small amazon sword plants. waiting for the java moss to attach and start to look pretty. will post some pics soon so you all can see the progress.

krytan

Sep 2, 2007
Norwich, England
Real Name
Wayne
Nice tank.
yep now i am thinking of getting rid of pacu and getting a silver arow. before he gets 12 inches. i know an arow gets just as long 2 feet but they dont get as tall as they are long.
A 180g is still going to be to small for a silver arwana, I have read that they will exceed 2' in length and can even grow to be 3' in length.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store